A Painful Day in the Paper World

At the Mario's siblings house, Parakarry yells at Mario saying that he owes him a tip and flies off. Luigi comes out out of her room hearing all the noise and mumbles to herself wondering why Mario is too lazy to get the mail. Getting the the mail she goes back inside and alerts Mario of the letter they just received.

Light: Hey Bro there a letter for us.

Mario run into the room his sister is in want to read it, but Luigi tells him he can't even read his alphabet. As the letter is read out by his sister to find it is from Peach. She is having a huge party and if the Mario siblings don't come, Luigi will be dead the next day. She also reminds them to not "mess up the party."

Luigi: I don't like the part about me dying. This letter seemed threatening.

Mario: Mario only concerned if it is a gay party.

Light sign at her brother of him over looking the threatening part to her life. She knows he show his love for her in his own way and will always have her back but sometimes she wonders what he will do if she really get hurt or kill one day. Mario and Luigi head to a pipe outside going through it and end up in town, as Mario already getting tired. Mario just wants to skip the trip and go get some mushrooms, but Luigi reminds him of Peach's anger. Mario also tells his sister how he knew Luigi would be killed.

After some time, they end up at the castle, and Luigi reminds her bro he mustn't mess up the party. Mario comments about how the party is already looking "gay" and isn't pleased. He wants to liven the mood. A few minutes later, Mario is dancing around the castle, with different music and hues. Luigi tells him he messed it up, and Peach will be furious.

Mario tells his sister that she doesn't know what fun is, and then wonders about the colors, if he was on drugs again or if it was meant to happen.

Mario: Rock until the castle blows up!

And then the castle actually blows up.

Mario: I didn't mean for it to actually blow up.

He wonders what the damage is, asking Toad. Because of the music and the colors messing it up, it comes to 1,000,000,000 coins. Mario isn't pleased with the price, but just says he'll pay it later. He walks out and wonders what the magician is up to. Mario says hi to Merlin (the magician's name) and he offers to tell Mario his future, to which Mario agrees to. A disco ball comes down and lights shine brightly around.

Merlin realizes the last time that shininess happened, something happened, but right as he is about to say it, an explosion happens. After some time, Mario ends up elsewhere and explains how that didn't end well. He ends up at a train station and wonders what the track is for. An announcement comes that a train is now leaving Toad Town, as Mario realizes he'll get run over. He does get run over and ends up in some clouds.

Mario thinks he's dead, and wonders where part of his nose went. He wants to go back down and decides to fall through the sky. He wakes up in a room, next to Toad, who tells him he took quite a fall. Mario groans in pain about his head, and Toad recommends he gets life insurance, which Mario doesn't want to do.

He wanders through town, wondering what else to do. He asks a young female Toad if she is single, who proceeds to punch him. He wakes up in the same room, where Toad explains that the lady outside didn't like Mario flirting with her. Mario didn't mean it as if he was flirting, and runs out again. He decides to go to the post office and asks if there is new mail for him.

The Paratroopa at the desk says they do, and it's from somebody called, as he says, "Luige" meaning Luigi. Mario gets the letter and reads it. Luigi tells him that a guy came to their house and stole Mario's coins, but let Luigi keep hers. The Paratroopa comments how it is nice that his sister wrote to him, Mario just wanting to go home.
When he gets home, he goes to bed and sleeps.

Peach visits at one point and asks him for the money, and he shrugs her off. She then tells him to say goodbye to Luigi and racks up a gun. Luigi is supposedly killed, and Mario dies along with her, Luigi remarking at this.