ch. 4

You walked down the halls, seeing familiar and unfamiliar faces come and go. Until you see a dorky nerd in glasses. Bingo. Your school dance was coming up and you were planning on asking him at lunch.

⚠️ TS: school shooting ⚠️

••••
When lunch arrived, everything seemed to be normal. Friends were talking to friends and everything happened normally. Until..

bang.

bang.

bang.

bang.

You were hysterical, you didn't know what to do. You just panicked. You managed to get a glimpse of the shooter...was it..John?

You figured no. You held onto Jared. And ran outside, like the rest of the students, trying to evacuate as fast as you all could. Everyone seemed to get out okay. A few kids were injured. Nothing to major to worry about. Jared had a broken ankle due to some students stepping on it, running to get out.

Now the only question running through your head was why? Why would John do this? You cried softly, gripping onto Jared, he rubbed your back.

"It's okay, [Y/N]. I'm here. Shhh." He said, nuzzling your cheek.

You sniffed. "Damn it, Kleinman."

He smiled. "What?"

"J-just.." You were silent for a couple of seconds before hugging him tightly. "You are amazing..." You murmured, wiping your eyes.

School let out early for the day. You migrated to Jared's house cause at least there you're welcomed by both of his moms.

You and Jared hung out. You were shaken about the entire thing, holding back tears. "God." You said, holding your head.

Jared smiled. "Come on, chin up." He tried to reassure you, holding you, kissing your forehead. A light blush happened across your face. You held your cheek, leaning in and kissing him. He kissed back. You wish you could just stay like that. Forever.