ch. 5

Is this happening?
Is the amazing sexy Jared Kleinman kissing back?
Oh shitballs, he is.

You both pulled away a blushing mess. "Woah."
You said, still shocked in amazement.

Jared blushed. "Is it bad to say I love you?"

"I-i love you too, ya dork." You said, kissing his cheek. You heard your phone buzz in your backpack. Your parents. They texted you 20 times. And called you 15. Fuck.

"Jared. I-i gotta go. My parents. They're pissed."

"I understand, [N/N]. See ya tomorrow?"

"If I'm not grounded from everything as soon as I get home, yes."

You both shared a laugh before you escaped the window and dashed a couple blocks to your house. To see your enraged parents. You prepared yourself for the lecture that was about to come.

They lectured you how you would never be anything with friends. How you should do things alone. And they blamed you for the shooting. Because you apparently broke his heart. When he broke yours. And he broke your trust. At least they didn't ground you. Just made you feel worthless. Apparently that makes them proud parents.

You just went to your room and facetimed Jared. Maybe he can help you feel better. You saw red in his face. He was panting. "What's up?"

You sighed, laughing a little. "What were you doing before I called you?"

He bit his lip. "NOT WHAT YOU THINK!"

You smirked. "Jared, you horny dog."

"It's not my fault you're so hot." He murmured. You rolled your eyes, winking at him.

"But other than that, what's up?" He asked.

"They just yelled at me and blamed me for the shooting. You know. The usual."

He sighed. "Parents will be assholes."

"Amen, brother!" You said, raising your hand in the air as if to praise God himself.

You two shared a laugh. "I love youuu." You said, winking at him. He winked back.

"Love you tooo!" He said, grinning.

You heard your parents yell your name. "I gotta go, Kleinman. Love you."

He blew you a kiss.

You smirked before hanging up. You went downstairs to see what the commotion was about. You saw the shooting on tv. You hid your face, hearing the many screams. It wasn't nice. At all.

You parents scolded you. "Look at what you did. This is alll your fault." Your dad said, sneering at you. You sighed waiting for the shooting to go off so you could go back to your room. You went in your room and just cried. You wished things could be different. Before he who will not be named.