Chapter 4

After finding an inn to stay in for the night, Himari had a full nights sleep and woke up sometime in the morning. Without clocks it was kind of difficult to know what exact time it was all she knew wat that it was morning. She got dressed and walked down to the lobby, giving the receptionist behind the counter three silver coins.

"I'll be keeping my room for one more night, if that's all right with you." She said.

"As long as you pay, I'm fine with anythin' hun." The man said, not even sparing her a glance as he picked up the silver coins.

"A-Alright then." Himari turned and headed out of the inn, heading straight towards Erhard's shop. She hoped that he had finished her equipment. As she walked, there was a lot more talk about the heroes that had been summoned. And from what she had gathered they had been summoned at the same time as her, just in a different place.

She continued listening to bits and pieces of people's conversations. Apparently earlier that morning the heroes had gotten party members and were all sent out— and there seemed to be some bias against the Shield hero. It sounded like he didn't know anything about the world, which made some people uneasy. A lot of people called him the 'dud'.

She soon arrived at Erhard's shop, and she opened the door, stopping in the doorway once she saw that there were two other people in the shop as well. A woman with pink hair tied back into a ponytail and a man wearing something that didn't seem to fit in this world.

"I'm indeed the Shield Hero! Naofumi Iwatani! Pleased to meet you!" The man introduced as he bowed toward Erhard.

"Naofumi, huh? Well if you become a regular, I won't give two hoots about what you wield. Alright kid, good to meetcha." He looked past him towards Himari, "And I'll get right to you, miss!"

Himari nodded, and stated looking at the weapons and armor that was set up around the shop.

The woman laughed, and grabbed onto Naofumi's shoulder. "Now that that's out of the way could you provide sir hero with his equipment needs? Our budget is... around 250 silver."

Erhard nodded, and he went around to collect some sword. He placed them onto the counter for Naofumi to look at.

"Left to right that's iron, magic iron, magic steel and silver iron all in ascending order of price. All with good quality guaranteed." Erhard said.

Naofumi reached towards the magic steel sword, "With one of these even I could— gah!" There was a flash of lightning and Naofumi immediately dropped the sword. "Wait what the?" He grabbed another sword, only for this one to fly out of his hands and land barely a root away from Himari.

Holy shit, I could of died. Again!

"What the heck is going on?" Naofumi asked.

"I have no idea." Erhard said.

"It looked they just flew out of your hands." The woman said.

"Yeah but why?" Naofumi asked, turning to look at the sword. It seemed he was reading something, and Himari assumed some sort of screen appeared in front of him. "It appears that besides this shield, I'm not allowed to use any other weapons."

"How does that work, then?" Eihard asked, crouching down and looking at the sheild, a soft blue light appearing as he looked through his magnifying glass. "At a glance, it's like any other small shield," he grabbed onto it and tried to pull it off. "Does this thing not come off ya?"

"I can move it around my body, but I can't find a way to remove it." Naofumi answered.

"That's strange." He tapped the green gem in the shield, "I can sense a great amount of power here but my appraisal magic doesn't really tell me much more." He straightened up, "Thanks for showing me something interesting, anyway. Wanna buy some armor?"

So, if he can't use any other weapons other than a shield, then I guess I can only use battle axes. Himari thought, I guess I can't complain, I can still do a lot of damage with this thing. It's better than a shield anyways.

"Miss Himari, I can get with you while these two are browsing." Erhard said, breaking Himari from her thoughts.

"Oh, cool." Himari walked over to him, waiting for him to return from the back room. Once he did, he handed her the equipment.

"The changing room is over there." Erhard said, motioning towards a doorway that was covered with a curtain. "Let's see how it looks."

"Right!" Himari went into the changing room and started to undress. She placed her previous clothes neatly on the ground and started trying on the equipment they Erhard had made for her.

Some of the outfit was similar to her previous outfit. The same skirt pattern, the same design on the breast plate, and similar boots. The under armor had two cut outs for her shoulders, and she now had a leather vest which had two different types of leather. A brown and a dyed dark purple, a purple gem latching the collar together. Finally, she latched on the belt— which was designed to look like two belts crossing over each other. On one fo the belts, there was a loop of metal, which she placed her axe in it's second form to hang comfortably.

She looked at herself in the mirror, a small smile on her face. "Damn. I look good." She said.

"Alright, come on out, let's see how it looks." Erhard said.

"Yeah, hurry up in there! Mr. hero needs to try on his equipment." The woman called out.

I do not like that woman. Himari thought to herself. I would not like her to be in my party. She slid open the curtain, looking at the three who were waiting outside.

Erhard whistled, "It looks good on ya."

Himari nodded, a soft smile on her face. "It's all thanks to your handiwork."

"Damn right it is. Now you look ready to go on an adventure!"

"Right!"

"Alright, enough small talk. Come on sir hero, go and try on your equipment!" The woman said, and Himari rolled her eyes, grabbing her stuff and moving away from the changing room to let Naofumi change into his equipment. As he was changing, she gave Erhard the remaining 150 silver.

"Well, I'm off to get some experience." She said, heading towards the door.

"Good luck out there! And remember, if you need anything, I'm always happy to help."

Himari nodded, "I'll keep that in mind. Thank you." And with that, she waved and walked out of the shop. It was finally time for her to start her adventure.

***

Here's Himari's new look!
I'm really proud of this drawing of her!

Here's Himari's new look!I'm really proud of this drawing of her!