Chapter 6

Early the next morning— around the crack of dawn, Himari met up with Taura outside of the inn, Taura running up to her with a wide grin on her face.

"My parents weren't too happy, but, in the end they're lettin' me go!" She said. "Papa even gave me one of his special huntin' knives!"

"Damn. Looks nice." Himari said, looking at the knife Taura was holding out for her to see. The blade looked about half a foot long, and the hilt of it had a soft blue scale-like pattern and was curved slightly. "Well, looks like you've gotten a weapon, now, we're going to need to get some armor and equipment for you. I know just where to go."

Taura nodded, her eyes shining with excitement.

Himari and Taura headed to Erhards shop, opening the door to see the blacksmith leaning forwards, his elbows resting on the counter. When the door swung open he perked up, a tired smile appearing on his face.

"Good morning, miss Himari. What do I owe the pleasure this early in the morning?" Erhard asked, straightening up.

"I'd like to get some armor for my friend here. She's going to join me on my adventure." Himari said, motioning towards Taura.

"Ah, you're the fishermen's daughter, aren't you?" Erhard asked.

"Yes sir, I'm Taura. It's nice to meet the man who's provided my family with our huntin' knives!" She said.

"Likewise. Well, why don't you two look around, see if anything fits what you're looking for."

"Right!" Taura said and she started moving around the shop, looking at all the different kinds of armor and seeming to be debating on what would be the best fit for her. While waiting, Himari leaned against the counter with her arms crossed, still trying to wake up.

"So, you hear of what happened?" Erhard asked.

"Hm, something happened?" Himari asked, looking at the blacksmith.

"Yeah. That Shield Hero defiled that woman he was in a party with last night. It's all over town."

"The Shield Hero...? Naofumi?" Himari asked, remembering the man from the day before just before an image appeared in her mind of what she had seen the night before. "It has to be a false accusation. I've had my fair share of creepy guys and Naofumi is probably the least creepy one I've ever met."

"Just because he doesn't seem creepy doesn't mean he couldn't of done it."

"Well, true. But it's more of the feeling they give off. The look in their eyes, you know? Where I'm from they say that someone's eyes are the window to their soul— cheesy, but it holds some truth to it."

Eihard was quiet, "You might have a point. But that's not going to sway my opinion of him." He said.

"Alright, I found some armor!" Taura exclaimed, walking up to the two of them with a beaming smile and a bundle of clothes and armor in her arms.

Grateful for the distraction, Himari looked towards her and pushed herself up from leaning against the counter. "Alright then, let's see it."

Taura nodded and headed to the changing room. It wasn't long before she pushed open the curtain, changed into the armor she had picked out.

It looked like the base layer was an off the shoulder ruffled dress, in a shade of blue that got darker near the hem. There was a breastplate with a similar design to the one Himari was wearing though not the same, and some straps of armor on the skirt of the dress and leather boots. She also wore a leather collar— that looked a bit like a shirt collar, with ruffles on the edges and a blue ribbon tying it together. There was a leather belt around her waist with teal gem honking it together. There was also a hunting knife sheath hooked onto it which was already holding her hunting knife. Overall, it was a cute outfit on Taura— and it kind of reminded Himari of mint chocolate chip ice cream.