1.12

June 20, 2014

Sam and I sat there in the hospital for two days, watching over Steve. Those two days, Sam and I managed to play the "Trouble Man" album a million times, hoping Steve's subconscious would listen to it and enjoy it. On tv, Sam and I watched as Natasha went to court and spoke up about her crimes and the crimes of SHIELD. We all trusted her to speak the truth. Or at least tell the judges what they needed to hear. She told them how HYDRA was giving them lies. Not that I'm sure they believed her. I think the best thing she said was, "Yes, the world is a vulnerable place, and yes, we helped make it that way. But we're also the ones best qualified to defend it. So if you want to arrest me, arrest me. You'll know where to find me." I applaud her for that. Literally.

As for Fury, he chose to remain dead to the rest of the world. We had somehow managed to inform Natasha that he was alive in this whole process, though she didn't seem too shocked to find out. Fury removed all evidence of him being alive. He burned everything; passports, eyepatches, paperwork, etc. Everything that even pointed to Nick Fury was gone.

It took Steve two days to wake up. When he did, he smiled at me and then looked over at Sam. "On your left." We all laughed, smiling at the joke that brought us together. Somehow, Steve knew there was something wrong. I had only told Sam, since I needed advice but I knew this was something I wanted to do. I needed to do it.

"Steve, there's so much I need to say and so little time." I chuckled, smiling at him. I held his hand as I looked at him. "I'm going after him Steve. I can do it. I can help bring back Bucky." Steve smiled at me.

"How'd you know he survived?" I chuckled.

"It was a hunch... and I saw footprints that weren't yours leading away from the scene." I smiled at Steve. "He pulled you out of the water. That means something Steve." Steve gripped my hand tightly.

"Be safe. And keep in touch." I smiled at Steve.

"If you ever need anything, feel free to call me. I'll help out." I smiled to Steve as I stood up, giving him a hug. "See you around Steve. Be safe. I hope you know I love you." Steve hugged me tighter.

"I love you too Clara." I let go of him and walked over to Sam, smiling.

"Try to keep him out of too much trouble. And if he refuses to call me, then I need you to call me." Sam laughs, nodding.

"Be safe out there. You got us if you need anything." I step away, standing at the hospital room doors. I smiled at them one last time before leaving.

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

As I walked into the museum, I made my way to the Captain America exhibit. If Bucky was trying to remember, this is the first place he'd go. I walked around, looking for Bucky when I saw him, staring at his display. I smiled as I looked him up and down, seeing him wearing civilian clothes which included a hoodie and a baseball cap. He was just like Steve. I moved closer to him, coughing to grab his attention. His metal hand clenched as he looked at me, ready to fight. "I figured I'd find you here." Bucky looked at me, shocked that I wasn't afraid of him. "I know you probably don't remember me..."

"Clara. I know you." I smiled, blushing as I pushed my hair behind my ear.

"Umm yeah. That's me." I looked down at his fist. "You don't need to be afraid. I'm not going to hurt you. I just want to talk." He unclenched his fist and I moved closer to him, trying to be careful not to trigger anything.

He looked back at me and then to his picture of the screen. We stood there for a second, until I heard the jingle of the janitor's keys and the familiar whistle of the janitor's favorite song. "I need to go." He said to me, hearing the same whistle. He starts to turn around when I grab his soldier.

"Where are you going to go?" I asked him. He turns back to me and sighs.

"I don't know yet. Any ideas?" He gave me a cheeky smile, making me smile back at him.

"I have a few." I smiled at him again but I watched his smile turn into a frown when I grabbed his hand. "This is going to be bumpy. But you have to trust me." He looked down at our hands and then back at me, his eyes connecting with mine.

"I trust you."

To Be Continued...