2

Once I snooke away for an hour and got a beer I loosened up and quickly found myself feeling calmer. I found the lads again and was introduced to Larry, Vans best friend, he seemed very funny and we were having a laugh in no time and I felt as if was settling in. If you forgot the embarrassing moment with van. It was getting close to the lads set so we wondered back to the bus to get ready.

"Rosie, d'ya want me to take ya to the rest of the lads so we can show you the tech" Adam called over. I met him earlier in the bus when he was talking to Steve, he seemed like a lovely guy and he was a techie to. "So you went to uni bondy tells me?"
"Yeah, I did music tech and did my dissertation on live music set ups." I explained in my element. He seemed very interested and carried on the conversation with the other lads by the tech stand. We all got along and I quickly decided I didn't have to be nervous anymore.

They showed me around and I got familiar with the set up and it wasn't long before the guys were walking up on the stage "hi we're catfish and the bottlemen and this is rango" van caught my eye and I could feel the blood rushing to my cheeks and the heat coming off them. I could thankfully desguise it as heat from the room as it was insatiably hot in here.

The lads were no doubt amazing and I was transfixed in the way Van moved his hips to the music and thrashed himself around the stage. I didn't know why he had such an effect on me but it was worrying. Before I could think about it anymore their set had finished and we were walking out back to see them.
"Shit John you were amazing!" I grinned pulling him in for a big hug. This was the first time I'd seen him with the band and it was incredible how he just fit in so quickly. "You all were actually" complimenting the guys they all thanked me and we all split off. The boys getting changed or getting food, whilst I headed off to go catch Jake Bugg before the crowd, got to big.

"Rosie!" I heard someone shout behind me trying to catch up. I turned around trying to figure out who it was. Shit. My cheeks already went to a dark magenta at the sight of who it was. I turned around pretending I didn't know who it was trying to hide my face. But he caught up to me before I could get lost in the crowds. "ya tryin to run away or somet?" He grinned as he grabbed my arms lightly, not enough to hurt, but to make me stop and send small shivers throughout my body.

"Sorry I didn't see you, I was trying to get to Jake Bugg" I smiled weakly looking up at his tall figure that stood lazily in front of me.
"No worries I'll come with ya, I wanted to see him anyway" he smirked, taking my hand, sending more shivers my way and leading me through the crowds. How was this happening? Last week I was a mess, stuck with an angry boyfriend and no closer to my dreams of traveling. Now I was off to see Jake Bugg whilst being led by my brother's band mate who by chance was the most beautiful person I'd seen in Al my life, without seeming like a total dick.

I wanted to protest, pull my hand away from his telling him I'm an independent woman. Of course I'd do that usually if this would to happen, but I couldn't. Something about Van left me speachless and fighting for words.

We got to the stage quickly due to Van slipping through the crowds with ease. Jake Bugg was amazing and I was in awe throughout lightening bolt, my favourite! We swung our hips along to 'two fingers' laughing as we swore at each other. He seemed to be funny and a nice guy. The set finished and people started streaming out Van leading me by his hand again, a tight grip making me feel safe and comfortable even though we were surrounded by hit sweaty bodies. We finally got back to the bus and the guys were gone, apparently getting food. Van slipped away trying to find his mates whilst I went back changing from my sweaty t-shirt to another band t-shirt I chucked in.

I picked up my phone noticing max's number had called 3 times. I dialled his number in wondering what the matter was, he picked up alarmingly quickly. "Max, what's up?" I questioned worried.

"Umm...no. um nothing, I just, er, wanted to see if you were ok and having fun. I miss you." He frantically let out as if he was admitting to something.

"Max I miss you too! Are you sure your ok? I love you" I whispered into the phone as I heard people come back into the bus. It was nearing midnight and so it was dark outside. The lights from stages and campfires lit up the night, and though it didn't feel like night if it my body wasn't telling me I was so tired.

"I love you too, I'm fine just couldn't get to sleep and..." He muttered, I thought I could hear music and talking in the background and counted it down to the telly in our room. We said our goodbyes, and I fell back into the bunk I was sitting on, with a sigh.  I fell asleep not long after, still in my clothes on top of the covers.

🌜🌜🌜

I woke up around 3:00 am never one to get a full night's sleep, it drove Max crazy. I wandered to the front of the bus to get a glass of water. My throat was dry and if there was any chance that I'd get back to sleep than I'd have to fix that. It was almost pitch black and all I could hear was the faint sound of music on the other side of the festival. I always liked waking up at this time and taking some time to be quiet and relax. With no harsh bright lights clouding my mind or voices distracting me I could be freed. Without these moments with myself I'd never be able to cope with the amount of thoughts that filled and fluttered around in my head.

Sitting down on the comfy couch of the tour bus kitchen I sipped on my water remembering how weird Max had sounded earlier. And decided I'd try to see him more before I left for the European tour with Johnny. Not long before I made that decision I was interupted by somebody tripping through the bus and dragging themselves to the kitchen. I could tell by the way they sighed they were tired like me and they had to had a sleepless night.

"Rosie?" It was Van, he had dark circles under his eyes, it looked as if he hadn't slept for days and I could tell he was frustrated with something.

"Yeah, are you ok, you look annoyed or frustrated?" I whispered softly questioning him wondering if he would let out his emotions to me. I doubted it as we'd only know each other for what was a total of 13 hours but somehow I trusted him more than most already. It was something in his icy blue eyes that stretched a mile deep or how he held onto my arm enough to know that I was safe.

"Huh, How'd you tell?" Chuckling lightly he let out a sigh as he was about to let something out. " I never sleep much, I don't need to much but since Nyree left it's been worse. I swear to god I've been staring at the same wall for hours."

"I can relate" I sighed leaning back further into the chair. I had changed into my checked PJ's by this point and was wearing my old the strokes jumper dad got me for Christmas years ago.

"How come yous not in bed little Zi?" Van had now moved himself opposite me and he wore a lazy smile and eyes transfixed on me.

"Insomnia and boyfriend issues" I stated plainly.

"I feel ya, it's always shit" we carried on talking for a while. I felt a certain comfort around him and my body relaxed with each word that fell from his mouth, soothing me. We must be talked for at least an hour and I was starting to drift off. Van could tell and stud up taking my hand in his leading me back to my bunk. He tucked me in making sure I was ok and lay down beside me. He sung softly in my ear, still holding my hand and painting patterns on it with his finger. I could feel my eyes become heavy and I nestled further into him breathing in his scent. It was a mix between cologne and a faint hint of cigarettes.

His singing eventually stopped and he left me alone in my bunk wanting to follow him and hold on to his touch but I was too tired. My body shut down soon and I was left breathing in the scent he left behind.