~part 12~

Claire finally convinced you to buy the dress. You guys hung out the rest of the day, and sadly you didn't get her to say who her "crush" was.
You went home that night and looked out at the city that now reminded you of Tom.
You were so excited to see him, but he was going to think you were trying to impress him with your new stunning tight dress. You practically passed out on your bed from your crazy day.
You loved Claire, she was fun.

-

BEEP BE-
You slammed your alarm off with your hand and forced yourself up.
You did your makeup very nicely, the eyeliner was perfect for once, you did your hair till it look like a model hair, and had a quick healthy breakfast. You carfully put the dress on, making sure not to get makeup on it, and looked into the mirror.
Dang you really did look good no sexy. By then it was time to go. The morning went by quickly, you felt so rushed. You went outside and went to your car when you heard a honk.

"Y/n!" It was Max, "Jump in!" You smiled and went over to the car, knowing people were staring.

"Dang! Who you trying to impress?" Max asked driving to your work.

"Myself." You lied.

"Confidence, that's perfect." You smirked and watched others walk by. Max dropped you off and yelled good luck. You walked into work feeling like you were in a modeling commercial. You heard somebody whistle, which made everybody else turn and look at you. You signed in, and walked to your desk.

"Told you that ya look good." Claire whispered.

"Did you whistle?"

"Ya know it." She laughed to herself. You looked into Toms glass office, but he wasn't there.

"Where's Tom?" Claire shrugged. You continued to your work disappointed.
You pencil broke, and you wanted to chuck it across the room but you held in your anger and got up to sharpen it.
Just then Tom walked in wearing a button shirt and jeans, looking through some papers. He looked up at you and stopped in his tracks.
You smiled and brushed your hair behind your ear, blushing.
He looked at you up and down and blushed himself. But then grew a snobby face and to his office ignoring you.
You stared at him walking off really hurt.
But you snapped out of it and quickly went back to your desk.

"What just happened?" Clarie asked.

"Nothing. Tom's just ignoring me." You told Claire.

"Why does that matter?" She said leaning in.

"It doesn't!" You said sternly. Claire flintched, then went back to her work.
You got out your earbuds, and tried to drown yourself in music to get Tom out of your head. You felt so exposed. You felt like you were in your underwear and everyone was looking. Your hands started to shake as if they were cold.
You were so confused and scared for some reason.
You stood up not knowing what you were doing. Then walked to Tom's glass office.
You walked in and stood about three feet away from his desk with good posture.
Tom was typing something not noticing you. He took a sip of coffee and then saw you.

"Ms. Y/l/n?" My last name? ugh.

"Why are you ignoring me Tom?"

"What?" He said as if he were honestly confused. You walked closer to the desk.

"Seriously? You're going to act like you didn't ask me out, and then kiss me all night?"
He just stared at you.

"Seriously?!" You said angrily. "Oh my-"

"Hey." He said trying to get you to calm down.

"This is so embarrassing. I showed up like this." You said gesturing to your dress.

"Y/-"

"Never Mind let's pretend it didn't happen, it's probably for the best." You said trying to act like it didn't matter.

"Y/n." He got up but you left the office. You sat down at your desk hating everything.

"I fell for another guy." You said to yourself, "but not just any guy. This time I managed to make it my boss. How are you going to beat that next time?" You asked yourself.

You decided to not let it get to you. Just do your work till you can't feel your fingers.
Everything went by so quickly and in a blur.
You kept thinking about Tom, but you managed to get more done than usual.
When it was time to go, you got your stuff and left right away.
People watched you go looking at you up and down, like they were scanning you.
You went home, and sat on your bed, resting on the wall behind. You grabbed your laptop, and your phone. You called into work and called in sick for tomorrow.
You sunk into your bed with relief, all your muscles went numb.

"I'm done with this bullshit." You said outloud, and allowed yourself watch Netflix on your bed.

-

You woke up drooling and slouched on your bed with wrappers and chips all around you. You groaned and rubbed your eyes. You stretched then got out of bed so you could fix the mess you made. You made your bed and got in some sweats and just a sports bra.
Lazy day. Lazy day to get over Tom.
You put your hair up in a bun but didn't do anything else-

*Knock at door*
You went to the door, hands in your sweat pants pockets, and opened it to Tom.

"Y/n." He said with a sigh of relief when he saw your face.
You smiled annoyed, and started to close the door but he stopped it with his hand. He walked in making you two really close, and he just stared looking at your eyes to your lips. You stared into his eyes, but ripped them away and walked to your kitchen.

"I'm sorry that I made you feel this way." He said, slowly following behind you closing the door.

"You didn't make me feel anything. I'm sick." You lied as you got out a cup of coffee.

"Oh." He said and he sat down at your side bar. "Listen can we talk?"

"Definitely." You sarcastically smiled at him across from the counter.

"So, we can't be together. And what happened that night can't happen again." He said with no emotion. You looked at him trying to see what he was feeling.

"I know." You said as if it were nothing.

"What?" He said surprised.

"Tom- Mr. Holland, you made me go on a date with you I didn't ask for that. I didn't expect anything. I'm okay with that." You said drinking.

"Hm." He said and sat back in his chair. He couldn't deal with you not caring. He tapped the counter with anger not sure what to say.

"Well goodbye Mr. Holland, you probabaly have somewhere important to be. Tell the next girl that I said hi." You said gesturing for him to leave. He walked to the door, and then stopped and quickly turned around.

"I thi-" he bit his lip and then left. You closed the door and leaned your back on it. You slowly slid down it and ran your hands through your hair.

"It was only one date. How could you fall for him?" You asked yourself angrily.
After sitting there for half an hour, trying to organize your thoughts you heard a knock at the door again. You quickly stood up and brushed yourself off.