Chapter 7

Flora's Pov
We all finished dinner, it was nice to have a real meal for once in a long time. Laura took Lily and Cooper into the living room. I sat on the counter near Clint as he did dishes.

Eyepatch who the team new was here to talk to them. Hopefully to give Stark a reality check cause lately he's been acting weird- well weirder then he normally does.

I was snapped out of my thoughts then Eyepatch started talking. "Ultron took you folks out of play to by himself time. My contacts all say he's building something. The amount of vibranium he made off with, I don't think it's just one thing."

"What about Ultron himself?" Cap asked. "Oh, he's easy to track. He's everywhere. The guy is multiplying faster than a Catholic rabbit. It still doesn't help us get an angle on any of his plans, though." Eyepatch explained.

"Is he still going after launch codes?" Stark asked. "Yes, he is. But he's not making any headway." Eyepatch told us. "I cracked the Pentagon's firewall in high school on a dare." Stark told us. Well that's reassuring, I thought.

"Well, I contacted our friends at Nexus about that." Eyepatch said. "Nexus?" Cap questioned. "It's the world Internet hub in Oslo. Every byte of data flows through there. Fastest access on Earth." Dr Banner explained.

"So, what did they say?" Clint asked from behind me. "He's fixated on the missiles. But the codes are constantly being changed." Eyepatch explained. "By whom?" Stark questioned. When two darts went flying by his face on to the dart board. He looked over at Clint and me, Clint gave an innocent shrug while I gave a small smirk.

"Parties unknown." Eyepatch said. "Do we have an ally?" Nat asked. "Ultron's got an enemy. That's not the same thing. Still, I'd ph folding money to know who it is." Eyepatch said. "I might need to bust Oslo. Find out unknown." Starks said. "Well, this is a good times, boss,  but I was kind of hoping when I saw you, you'd have more than that." Nat told Eyepatch.

"I do. I have you. Back in the day, I had eyes everywhere.  Ears, everywhere else. You kids had all of the tech you could dream of. Here we all are, back on Earth, with nothing but our wit and our will to save the world." Eyepatch explained, it was quite before he started again. "Ultron says the Avengers are the only thing between him and his mission. And whether or not he admits it. His mission is global destruction. All this laid in a grave. So stand. Outwit the platinum bastard." Eyepatch said in his big speech. "Steve doesn't like that kind of talk. Nat said playfully. "You know what, Romanoff?" Steve playfully said back. "So, what does he want?" Eyepatch asked. "To become better. Better then us. He keeps building bodies." Steve said. "Person bodies. The human form is inefficient. Biologically speaking, we're outmoded. But he keeps coming back to it." Stark pitched in. "When you two programmed him to protect the human race, you amazingly failed." Nat stated. "They don't need to be protected. They need to evolve. Ultron's going to evolve." Banner stated looking at everyone. "How?" Eyepatch asked. "Has anyone been in contact with Helen Cho?" Banner asked.

It was silent, everyone piecing together what he meant. After the long silence I finally spoke up. "Is anyone going to tell me Eyepatch's name? Or am I just going to have to continue calling him Eyepatch?" Everyone but Clint looked at me like they forgot I was here, Clint just put his hand on my shoulder.

(𝕀 𝕨𝕚𝕝𝕝 𝕘𝕠 𝕓𝕒𝕔𝕜 𝕒𝕗𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝕀 𝕗𝕚𝕟𝕚𝕤𝕙 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕓𝕠𝕠𝕜 𝕥𝕠 𝕖𝕕𝕚𝕥 𝕚𝕥.)