13

I woke up super late this morning. I shot out of my bed and threw on the grey hoodie that Athena gave me. It was the only thing I could put on fast enough besides a sports bra, a tank top and some jeans.

I can't even remember when I went to sleep last night. I haven't overslept like this in ages — at least to the point where I couldn't even hear my apocalyptic sounding alarm.

I completely missed first period. It didn't bother me too much just because I get to start out my day sitting in Athena's class first. I'm not even sure why I get excited to be in this class. Is it just cause I get to see Athena? That thought doesn't even sound right.

I yawned while walking with Tommy to class.

"Are we still working out today?" Tommy asked. "We don't have too ya' know. We can reschedule for tomorrow."

I rubbed an eye, "I'll be fine. I've worked out in even worse conditions than this."

"Suit yourself, macho man. Where'd you get the hoodie? It's nice."

"Uh ... it's a friends," I lied. "Kinda couldn't find anything else this morning. I was in too much of a rush."

We started walking down the hall to Athena's class, except this time around she was standing at her door, marking and greeting students who walked in.

Well, this is new.

"I guess she's doing attendance early today," Tommy said. "I hope my future wife is as hot and ethereal as her."

She's wearing a black shirt and jeans with heels again. Her hair is down and pulled behind her ears. She was looking at her clipboard until she looked up. Her honey brown eyes landed on me.

I shot her a small smile. I could see she wanted to laugh, probably because I'm wearing her hoodie. Instead, she shook her head and looked back down at her clipboard, marking it with a pen.

I could see her lips curving upwards.

Weirdly enough, I felt butterflies in my stomach.

"Did you see that? She smiled at me," Tommy said quietly. "Wow."

I smirked at his delusion, "She's so into you. You should ask for her number after class."

He shoulder checked me, "Fuck you, Joe. A guy can dream."

I laughed to myself, letting him get in front of me right before reaching Athena.

She looked at him, "Good morning, Tommy."

"Morning Ms. Frost," He said as he walked into class.

She then brought her attention to me, "Good morning, Nova. That's a nice hoodie."

I chuckled, "Yeah, thanks. I uh — missed first period. Overslept. Didn't have anything else to throw on."

She shook her head, "I'm not judging. Are you ... feeling better?"

"Um, yeah. I think. I wanted to apologize for yesterday, by the way. I didn't mean for that to happen."

"You say sorry too much."

I shrugged, "Sorry."

She hummed and I felt just a bit awkward standing there with not much else to say. I left her at the doorway and made my way to my seat next to Tommy who seemed to be waiting eagerly for me.

That reminds me that I have to tell him about staying away from the Circle unless he wants his ass kicked.

"What was all that about?" He asked leaning over to me.