56

The first day of finals ended. Each day we had a different final corresponding to the class.

I was pretty tired. Sleep didn't come very easily lately because Athena was going to sleep alone in her house.

We managed to get the window fixed, but not my paranoia.

My Dad made it clear he didn't mind me staying with her after school, but he wanted me home at night to focus on my finals and study. Little did he know, I was too paranoid that something else was gonna happen.

So for the rest of last week and this week, I had my phone beside me as I laid down in my bed every night, waiting for Athena's call from her brand new cellphone — just in case.

I yawned as I got my car keys ready. Athena was currently proctoring another class and their final, so it's not like I could see her right now, but I did have a plan. One that I was extremely excited to execute though I was probably several hours from passing out myself.

Athena had given me her spare key, officially. It was nice and secure on my lanyard. Every time I looked down at it, I smiled, feeling like the shit.

My next stop wasn't home, no. I had to pick up some things from the store and probably a supermarket. Athena would be home in about two hours or less. So I only had that much amount of time to set the bath, the bed, and maybe make food.

I rushed to get everything I needed. For the flowers, I settled with the obvious and intimate, roses. I bought her favorite body wash to make bubbles in the tub and her favorite candles.

As soon as I got her house, I switched into overdrive, scattering several rose petals along the bed, setting up the candles in spots where the fire couldn't catch onto anything, and making sure everything was neat.

I did the same for the bathroom, shutting the blinds, organizing a few clean towels, and getting the several body washes ready.

I stripped down to my briefs and sports bra, sending a text to Athena that I was at the house. She replied to me that she was almost done and she'd be on her way soon.

I was excited for her to see all of this. This was the first time I was able to do something like this for my significant other. I wanted to repay her back for my amazing birthday weekend and now is a perfect time.

Her last text came in, letting me know she was a few minutes away from the house. I quickly started running the bathwater, pouring the body wash, and lighting all of the candles in here and the bedroom.

I heard the front door unlock and I ran all the way back, waiting to greet her finally.

"Oh, hi," She said while looking at me up and down in surprise. She locked the door behind her dropping her bag on the ground. "Looks like you got comfortable."

I smirked, grabbing her hand and pulling her to me, "How was the test?"

She smiled, "They actually finished pretty fast. Time to do it all over again for the rest of the week. I'll probably grade everything over the weekend."

"Who knew teachers saved things for the last minute too," I teased.

She shrugged, "What can I say? Old habits die hard."

I took her chin in my index finger and thumb and kissed her lips. The bathtub should be filled up with a generous amount of hot water now.

"I have something to show you," I said while lacing my hand in hers.

"What? What happened?" She asked curiously.

"Come with me and find out," I said leading her through the kitchen and down the hall.