Guilt {6}

"You can come out of your hiding place now. I know you are there and I know you heard everything..... Vance." Alex said, pissed off.
Vance came out from his hiding place and walked to Alex. He got down in one kneel with his head bowed, "My lord."
"What are you doing eavesdropping on me?! I told you specifically not to follow!" Alex whispered yelled at Vance, not wanting the werewolves to hear but they could not hear what was going on outside the thick walls of their mansion because they were too engrossed in Lachlan's story.
"But my lord-"
"No buts! This is your last warning, Vance! Ever since i saved you, you gave me nothing but trouble! Let's get out of here!"
Alex turned his back to Vance and used a vampire's greatest asset; Speed.
As Alex was speeding off, Vance was still kneeling on one kneel in the ground staring after Alex.
"You will regret ever saying that to me." Vance whispered into the air softly yet his face was hard and menacingly cold.

****

"I was order by the alpha to kidnap Alex's mate but accidentally killed her when she struggled too strongly. The alpha wanted to show Alex that they got his mate. So that the alpha could negotiate with Alex to stop attacking their pack once and for all. It was all my fault! I knew it was a bad idea but I still went ahead and did what the alpha commanded." Lach said guiltily and put his face in his hands.

 Everyone stared at him opened mouthed.

It was so quiet that you can even hear a pin drop.

Kale, the first one to come out of the shock, was suddenly filled with understanding.

She put her hand on Lach's shoulder and said," It wasn't your fault, Lachlan. It was an accident. Please stop blaming yourself. Please?"

Lachlan stared at her for a while and looked away.

"I can't, Kahlan. I'm very much part of the murder as my alpha." Lachlan looked down at the floor with so much guilt and self- blame and slowly walked towards the house.

Kahlan was so sad, looking at the state Lachlan is at now, that her eyes was filled with tears.

She ran towards Lachlan and hugged him from behind his back, making him stop walking.

Kale comforted Lachlan, assuring him that it's alright.

Ryder saw this picture of Kahlan and Lachlan hugging, he was filled with anger and jealousy.

He walked over to them and angrily asked,"What are you doing, hugging him, Kahlan?!"

Because of his tone, Kahlan too, became angry. 

"You had no right asking me that question! You are not my mate anymore, remember? You rejected me!" Kahlan glared over at Ryder.

Ryder flinched and begin to apologise, trying to get back on her good side.

"I'm so sor-"

Kahlan cut Ryder off rudely with "Save your breath, I will not forgive you."

Kahlan turn away from Ryder and began to pull Lachlan towards the house.

All the while, no one noticed someone spying on them.

He rubbed his hands together and thought,"Ah! A perfect opportunity! I can help the guy who rejected his mate to get what he wanted, fulfill my master's wish and also my wish. This is 'Kill 3 bird with 1 stone'! I'm such a genius!"