Realization

Rey bolted up suddenly in her bed. The pale moonlight casting an odd glow on her wide-eyed face. The room illuminating in a silver, the covers being clenched and scrunched by Rey's hands. Her nimble fingers clutching the blanket as she turned her head upwards and sighed. "Of course... Why hadn't I realized before...? It was so obvious." She kept her gaze lingering at the roof a few moments longer before slowly re,ovine the covers off.

As she walked over to the big crate full of books, she turned on a light, smiling softly with the fuzzy yellow of its glow. She knelt down to the box, sifting through them. For she could tell when most of them were from, based on the handwriting and the contents that were written. Skimming over the first page or two in order to figure out if it was helpful to her or not. After about an hour or so, she narrowed them down to four books. She sat there staring at them, just contemplating, just thinking, just concocting a plan. "Of course, I could transfer the life force back to him. He did it for me... But at the time I was too weak. But now, he has been dead for many days. His soul has been gone for so long. I need to have more life force. I need to have enough to save him whilst not killing myself. But I feel as though the longer Ben stays dead, the harder it will be, and the more life force I will need to be able to bring him back to me." Narrowing her eyes at the books, she picked up the one closest to her and started reading it. Scanning it for any sort of clue, looking it up and down many times through, examining every single word and detail, just for anything. For any brief mention, anything, really. She devoured the words, encapsulating them. I'm sure if you had asked, she could recite the whole book from memory. Word for word, page by page.

She was so enthralled and transfixed on the words she did not realize the waking of the world around her. Sunlight slowly creeping over her shoulder, glancing peacefully at her with its warm smile. The calls of the animals. Bird like tunes of morning wake up, barks and coos from many. Interacting with each it her in a playful tone. The shadows roaming quickly and quietly, but oh so gracefully. Mimicking the movements of the trees dancing to the wind's singing of a song. The bright greens leaked into not only the room, but her soul. Feeling focused and at peace. Contemplative and serene. A far off look in her eyes, so far off that she had never noticed when others had come in to see, or check on, her. Her even breathing kept her mind even. Soaking up the words like a sponge in a bath. "There has to be some mention of this kind of thing SOMEWHERE." She grew more and more impatient a as the day itself grew. Nearing mid afternoon when she finally could not ignore the growls of her stomach, complaining how hungry it was.

Finally after many hours she had left her room. Her mess of books and words tumbling out was fallen behind her. The door creaked as she opened it. She winced, and continued to walk. To walk and see other life forms again. To walk into an unexpected little chat she never wanted to have...

A/N: for some reason this chapter was really hard to write... hmmmmm... anyhow I know this is shorter than usual but next time it should be pretty long if it goes according to how I planned it. Have a lovely day everybody~!