Ch. 3: Forks

(Flashback continued)

The sound of my alarm clock woke me up almost immediately. I was restless the whole night. Don't get me wrong, I loved Grandpa Charlie and I was happy to see him but he was a cop and he spent most of his time at his workplace.

I was dreading the fact that two months was too long. I didn't go to school so making friends was a bit hard, not that I could make any if I went to one but that wasn't the point.

And Grandpa Charlie probably wouldn't let me drive his truck, or ride his bike. He was that protective of me sometimes. Who was I kidding, all the time. Let's just let the idea of me being his only grandchild sink in. It would be my tenth time explaining to him that I passed my driving test with flying colours.

I couldn't just stay home all the time for God sake. I knew I needed a new plan.

"Shit, too bright," I groaned out loud, grabbing the comforter and balled myself up. I needed a new plan but nothing came to mind right now. Think, fast.

Not so fast.

"Renesmee. Are you up?" A gentle knocking on the door. Mom. "Honey, come on. We gotta go, it's already late," and she was still knocking at my door. Yes, it was all gentle and less of a nuisance but if it wouldn't stop, it could be annoying too.

"I'm up, I'm up," I called out, groaning as I did. Good morning, America. I took a look at the clock and I knew it wasn't really a morning to begin with.

Sigh.

Okay so-

I was born and raised with "the art of mannerism and etiquette of becoming a productive human being starting from the early morning" as my mom would say; I got up, made my bed real nice (no creases and all), picked up the dirty clothes from yesterday from the floor and went to the bathroom for a shower.

I knew I got to move fast as Grandpa Charlie was probably itching and waiting till he got to see us before sunset.

I put on a white knitted sweater, pair of skinny jeans that hugged my bum oh so well and a black velvet flats. I tied my hair into a loose bun and put on a thin steel hairband so the baby hair wouldn't get in my face. A pink lip gloss got the job done. Let's just say, I dress up like I didn't care but I actually did.

"You ready?" Dad asked, smiling even. I replied him with my own. "Sure."

It was almost dark when we arrived and I could feel my butt cheeks cramping from sitting in the car too long. 6 hours! Were you even kidding me? Nobody should have gone through that. It was hell.

Grandpa Charlie was already at the door the moment Dad pulled up the car in the driveway. He was smiling so big, I almost did not feel tired at all. He was an angel. He was Charlie.

"Oh my goodness, Renesmee!" He called out my name, walking down the stairs with his hands in the pocket. It was so cold in here. I think the humidity made it even crazier. Remind me again, Forks was all rain with a little bit of sunshine when it was our lucky day.

"Grandpa! Oh I missed you sooooo much," I hugged him tight. I tucked my chin on his right shoulder as he rocked me side by side. "Wow, I think you just got taller," he said, patting my back.

Tall, I certainly was. Not as tall as Charlie and Dad though, but definitely a few inches taller than Mom. "Think you're right," I chuckled. "Come on, let's get inside. It's freezing out here," he said, hugging Mom and Dad.

We spent a night together, eating dinner and just resting, relaxing, a few talking just to catch up some things.

"See you in a couple of months, alright?" Dad said gently, tucking a few hair behind my ear. "Okay."