chapter 1

Azula and I grew up together. Our mothers were friends, even though I lived in the southern water tribe and she lived in the fire nation capital we saw each other most of the time, either she and her mother were with us or we were with them. I hated Azula, she was always looking for new ways to pick on me. When I was visiting the fire nation, she would make her friends pick on me as well. I did like her older brother, Prince Zuko. He was much quieter than his sister, and always followed his mother. Ursa would like to joke around, saying that the two of us will get married one day. My mother would always join that joke, after it started, she would insist Ursa bring him with her when she visits. Honestly, I preferred him to his sister, but he had his flaws as well. Both Azula and I lost our mothers. Mine dies when we were 8 due to a rogue fire nation soldier group that haunted the area at the time, they were hunting waterbenders and my mother protected me and lost her life by lying to them. Azula lost her mother a year later when Ursa escaped the castle and was never seen again. After my mother died Ursa still kept in touch, she visited more, bringing both her children to the south pole and helping me get used to a life without my mother. After she disappeared the two families lost contact, the last thing I heard about Zuko was that he was challenged by his father and lost, ended up banished and scarred. I did not want to hear much about Azula and was perfectly fine with losing touch with her, but losing touch with Zuko was a waste in my mind, since one of the last things my mother said to me was how she wishes Zuko and I get married one day. Now, 10 years passed and I was of age to be married. I was hell-bent on making this final wish of my mother's a reality.