chapter 15

The next day we all gathered at the agni court to witness Zuko fight his father, for apparently the second time in the last decade. Azula told Ursa and I what happened the last time they fought, Zuko's scar.

"I have to stop them, he could kill Zuko"

"you can't, if you go in there now, you'll be forced to fight as well"

And so the three of us sat on the edge of our seats and watched the fire lord and his son fight. Fireballs were thrown in both directions, waves of fire swallowed one while the other worked out the next attack, then the first came out of the fire with fireballs in hand. Someone tossed weapons into the court, but only Zuko took them, twin swords. I wondered what he could do with those, both Ursa and Azula looked happier.

"Zuko was never as good as his father in firebending, so he was given a tutor to teach him to defend himself without using his bending. With the swords, he has a chance of winning"

I watched as Zuko evaded his father's attacks and grew closer to him. he landed a hit with the not sharp end of one of the swords, the fire lord called in pain and anger and attacked more vigorously, missing his son in his anger. One of the swords in his hand suddenly moved by itself, Zuko tried to stop it, but failed. Everyone watched him struggle with the sword, even the fire lord stopped attacking. Eventually, Zuko failed and the sword flew from him towards the fire lord.

"father watch out!"

As soon as Zuko finished talking the sword stabbed the fire lord's gut, a deep cut that he could die from. I jumped into the court and ran to him, Zuko dropped the other sword and fell to his knees, Ursa ran to her son and held him while Azula ran to me and her father.

"don't pull it out, your majesty, it will kill you immediately"

"and what are you going to do?"

Zuko and Ursa sat next to me.

"I'm a healer, I can use the water to heal you, though it will leave a scar"

I bent the sweat from both Zuko and the fire lord and drowned my hands in it, I put my hands with the glowing water over the fire lord's injury. The healing organs slowly pushed the sword out, it stopped when it was halfway out. Zuko reached the sword.

"don't pull it out!"

Zuko let go of the sword and I kept healing the fire lord. Sang Wou approached us, he moved his hands a bit, as if he was bending. The sword flew away from the fire lord's gut and threw itself, all bloody, to the other side of the court. The wound bled, too much for me to stop it in time, but I tried. Azula looked at her lover, I did not see her expression, but she soon fired a fireball at his face, yelling in pain ad anger. Her lover yelled in pain, his hands covering his face. More guards caught him and took him with them. I finally stopped the bleeding, but before I could heal his skin, the fire lord grabbed my hand gently.

"stop, if I'm not close to death, just stop. I was wrong about you; you are just as fire nation as you are water tribe. Any grandkids I get from you will be just as fierce and loyal"

"and kind, and loving"

Zuko smiled at me and put a hand on my shoulder, pulling me in for a hug. I let the water go and hugged him back, the sweat was absorbed into the dry ground.