Pteranodon Turmoil

The old Wrangler thundered down the weathered path. Indentations of T-Rex footprints were slightly noticeable if they were looked at hard enough along the road. Jonny was approaching a gate at top Speed. The needle started to feather at 85 mph. He smashed through it with ease. The boys laughed as they continued on their way. "We should be safe now" Zach said with relief. Gray's attention was captured by a noise coming from behind them. He slowly turned around to find a massive flock of hungry Pteranodon's screeched amongst eachother heading towards Main Street. "GO! GO!" Gray yelled in panic. "Shit" Jonny muttered to himself as he shifted gears. The Jeep roared over the hill as they approached the big gate. "OPEN THE GATE!" The Boys screamed trying to catch the attention of the security guards. It took them a few moments but at last the heavy steel doors pulled away from one another. With the flock of flying reptiles behind them, Jonny gassed the Jeep to safety pulling the e-brake which made the Wrangler screech to a halt. Jonny swept his hair back and hopped out of the Jeep. Zach moved his seat so his brother could get out.  "Where did you kids come from? And how did you get one of those things started?" Questioned the guard. "We're Claire Dearing's nephews" Zach confirmed. "Right this way" he ordered. The children followed him through a huge path surrounded by thick concrete walls. "We're definitely safe now" Gray whispered. The wild flock of Pterosaurs thundered overhead, screeching and chirping at one another. Lots of people were pouring out of the junction of paths ahead. The terrorized screams echoed throughout the resort. "Shit" Jonny sighed. People were running into each other left and right. This was the definition of chaos. Prehistoric birds were snapping at the guests, destroying everything in sight. "Stop Running!" A familiar voice shouted. The 3 boys turned only to see Zara in full panic mode. The pteranodon's were dive bombing Main Street. Glass windows shattered. Signs fell off shops. People slammed to the ground. Guests scrambled into Brookestone and Jurassic Starbucks. Zach pulled Gray back and clung to Jonny as one was coming towards them. "Don't just stand there-" Zara shouted once more as she got swooped off her feet, quite literally, by a hungry and feral pterodactyl. Jonny's jaw dropped. The assistant shrieked in the air as the birds flew over to the Mosasaur tank. "Oh fuck!" Jonny stammered as he began running towards the Mosasaur Lagoon. "What are you doing?!" Zach yelled at the running boy. "We have to help her!" Jonny replied charging to the fence. He felt like it was a never ending distance, dodging anything and everything thrown his way. The helpless assistant dangled off the Pteranodon's feet, until it let go. Jonny's heart almost stopped as she shrieked, dropping into the turquoise waters. 3 more hungry Pterosaurs plunged into the lagoon, one successfully picking Zara back up in its beak, then drowning her with its feet. She got flung out of the water gasping for air. Zach and Gray were approaching the fence just as a rumble could be heard beneath the surface. The Mosasaur emerged from the depths of its Tank with open jaws and jagged rows teeth, groaning like a monster. It snapped its mouth shut devouring the pteranodon and Zara all at once, sinking back into the water. Gray stood paralyzed in front of the Lagoon. Zach was filled with shock and horror at what he just saw. He grabbed Jonny and Gray by their arms. "Get inside now!" He ordered. A Dimorphodon came screeching down from the sky as Gray tripped on his feet. Jonny could see it was charging down at him. A piece of metal from a broken sign layed right next to him. Jonny threw it as hard as he could, smashing the head of the Dimorphodon. "Thank you" he said, gasping for air. "Good aim" Zach complimented. The trio kept running passed MargaritaVille as the absolute biggest pterodactyl soared over them, thundering down towards its potential meal. The prehistoric bird came crashing down as it ripped down a power line, destroying part of a Jurassic Cafe. The boys lunged forward, crawling towards the closest wall where its beak couldn't pick them apart. Zach pressed Gray and Jonny against the wall with his arms as the pterodactyl layed electrocuted in front of them. Jonny felt safe with Zach by his side. They were panting for air. "That was too close" Jonny muttered, relieved. The security division flooded out of the gates with non-leathal weapons to take out the hangry flock of reptilian birds. Shot after shot fired, the birds went down one by one. "ZACH!! GRAY!!!" A Voice echoed in the midst of the chaos. Jonny's ears twitched. "Guys someone is yelling for you, sounds like a lady" said Jonny. "Let's keep moving then" Zach ordered once more. "ZACH!!! GRAY!!!" The Voice continued. Jonny spotted someone out of the corner of his eye. Further ahead there was a red-headed lady in her early 30's, what was once an elegantly put together crisp white button down shirt and matching skirt was now muddy and torn to shreds. "Is that your Aunt Claire?!" He asked the brothers. "Yeah!! That's her!" Gray exclaimed. One of the gunman got taken down by a Dimorphodon and was wrestling with it on the pavement, snapping its jaws at the mans face. Claire jabbed the dinosaur with a barrel of a nearby rifle and tranquilized the bird. Panting, she threw the gun back down to the ground. "Is that Aunt Claire?" Zach asked surprised, he never saw her handle a gun before. She pulled up the man, about 6'2", bulging muscles, sweaty blue button up under a brown leather vest and neat facial hair. He pulled her in for a kiss. Zach and Gray were surprised, Aunt Claire always made it clear that she was not looking for a relationship and never wanted kids or anything. She mainly wanted to focus on work, no distractions. This was totally opposite. When the passionate kiss ended she could not believe what she saw in front of her. Her nephews were safe, a little scraped, but safe. "ZACH!! GRAY!" She shouted hysterically, dashing towards them. "Thank God! Thank God! What happened?! What is this?!" Claire exclaimed, analyzing Gray's scrape on his chin. "Where did you go?! Why didn't you come back? I was so worried about you". Jonny's eyes darted downwards as the feeling of guilt took over. Zach barely paid attention to what was said, instead looking at the man she kissed. "Who's that?" The older boy asked. "We work together" Claire confirmed, looking at him then back at the boys. Jonny and Zach shot each other a look that said "yeah right, they're totally in love". "We gotta go" The man said quickly. Claire motioned the boys to follow him. The man brought them through a private security gate while Claire had to make a phone call to the Control Room. "What do you mean 'use the raptors?'" Claire questioned over the phone. A helicopter was flying quite low and came overhead. "Son of a bitch" the buff man sighed. "You shouldn't say bitch" Gray adder. Zach and Jonny glanced at each other. Suddenly the big steel gate started to shutter, shake, then fly open as a tsunami of people flooded into the thin path followed by a monstrous Pteranodon. There was a silver Mercedes Benz G-Wagon that belonged to JW. Jonny grabbed Zach's hand which made the rest of them follow him to the car. Owen clung the driver door open as everyone crawled inside. He threw the SUV in reverse. "Drive! Drive!" Shouted the Mitchell brothers as more people ran by in terror. Owen guided the G-Wagon smoothly through the narrow path and backed it up to a wall to get out of the way of the public. "This does not feel safe" Zach stammered. "Can we stay with you?" Gray asked, relieved. "I am never leaving you as long as you live" Claire answered quickly. "No, him" the boys motioned towards the man in the drivers seat. "Definitely him" Gray added. "Uh, I don't think we ever got your name" the boy asked the man sitting in front of him. "The name's Owen Grady, nice to meet you guys. I'm the raptor handler". Gray's eyes widened and excitement took over instantly. The younger Mitchell started bombarding Owen with various Velociraptor questions. Zach and Claire glanced at each other and laughed. Zach looked down at his hand, then at Jonny. Their hands were intertwined. "Is this supposed to make me feel safer?" Zach chuckled. "Maybe" Jonny replied flirtatiously. "You're a badass, you Know that?" Zach said. Jonny couldn't help but look down and smile. The older Mitchell patted his shoulder. "You should rest for a minute" he said. Jonny took the opportunity nestling his head on Zach's shoulder. He felt so safe and content in this moment. Zach was the only match for him and it was so apparent. "We need to head back to the Raptor Ring" Owen stated, putting the G-Wagon in gear. "Hoskins is a wreckless man and he won't put my animals in harms way without thinking everything through". Claire exhaled nervously, unsure about the events that were to come soon with a dangerous, carnivorous asset on the loose and an entire resort in peril. An immense amount of "what if's" ran through her head like a slinky rolling down a large plight of stairs. "We got this" she reassured him. Owen looked over at Claire then readjusted his eyes to the jungle road. "Something tells me this visit won't be a friendly one".