8. Save Me

As soon as I woke up and drove to a clinic, I waited for Cristina. We both went to an office. I was going first. "I'm scared, what happens if Alex finds out?" I said to her as we sat in the waiting area.

"If he finds out, he finds out. Just give him an explanation." She said to me. I went inside the office and sat down.

"I checked the schedule." The woman said as she walked in the room.

"I start E.N.T. next week, I should be a lot easier than what I do now. Do you have any appointments then?" I said to her. I was hoping her answer would be yes.

"I'm afraid not. We have openings on the 16th. There are other options besides termination, you know? Adoption...keeping the baby. You think it over. Call me back. I'm here all day." She said to me.

"Put me down for the earliest time on the 16th." I said to her.

"I know this is a difficult decision." She said to me.

"This isn't difficult, difficult would be me carrying this thing to full term when I work with my ex. So can we please stop with this small talk." I said to her. She booked me in and I waited outside for Cristina. When we both got to the hospital me, Mer and Cristina had a case.

"This guy belongs in psych. What are you doing turfing him here?" Cristina said to the psych doctor.

"He's my gift to you. Had a seizure two days ago and another one this morning." He told us.

"What are you talking about? It says right here, 'he talks to dead people, his family thinks he's dangerous, and they had him committed.' That psych, not neuro." Mer said to him as she read his case file.

"Man, didn't you go to med school?" Cristina asked him.

"I don't think he did." I said adding onto her point.

"Yes, and unlike the correspondence school you attended..." He said to Cristina,

"Oh, that would be Stanford, right?" Cristina said to him.

"I learned not to jump to conclusions. Sorry, ladies. We can't take him back until he's cleared." He told us, great we were stuck with him.

"So, you're dumping him on us?" Cristina asked him in disbelief.

"He thinks his seizures are visions." The psych doctor told us.

"Hello! They're not seizures. I'm psychic." The patient shouted.

"Of course you are, and I'm a chicken." Cristina said back to him. "Hey, genius." Cristina said towards the psych doctor.

"Ok, Mr. Duff. We're gonna start our work up now." Meredith said when we entered his room.

"Work me up, work me down, I'm telling you it's a waste of time." Mr. Duff said to us.

"Ok, well, humour us. Can you grip my fingers, please?" Cristina said whilst giving him her hands. He appeared to go into a trance.

"Cristina. Y/n." Meredith said getting our attention.

"Mr. Duff?" I said to him.

"Mr. Duff?" Cristina said.

"Mr. Duff, are you ok?" Meredith asked him.

"Someone..." He said before stopping.

"Someone what?" Meredith asked him.

"Someone's gonna check out. Bye-bye." He said to us, I started getting goosebumps.

"Oh, man, he's nuts." Cristina said to me and Mer.