52. Drowning On Dry Land

I was still thinking about what I could do, all the pressure was on me. "Do any of you have a phone I can use? I need to call someone to ask for their advice." I said to them, Mr. and Mrs. Malone looked at each other.

"Are you real doctor?" Mr. Malone asked me.

"Yes, I'm a surgical intern but I need to call my friend who is also my boss, I need to ask her what I can do." I said to him, he looked at his wife and they gave me there phone, I took my glove off and dialled Callie's number. "Can you keep pressure on the gauze please?" I asked Mr. Malone he nodded at me. Her phone went straight to voicemail.

"They didn't answer so what now?" Tyrone asked me.

"Let me call someone else, I know that he can help." I said before dialling Marks number luckily he picked.

"Who is this?" He asked while answering it.

"Mark, it's me. I have a kid with a greenstick fracture and an open fracture he's saying that he can't feel his legs so I'm worried about paralysis, he has internal injuries as well. The paramedics are getting to us for a while. There's currently pressure on his open fracture, but I have no way of moving him because I need a backboard so I don't make his injuries any worse than what they are." I said explaining the situation.

"Have you called Torres?" He asked me, of course I had. What was he taking me for.

"Yes but she isn't answering, Mark please. I don't know the extent to his injuries. He could have more damage then what I can see." I said to him, I was kinda panicky because I felt useless.

"Stay calm, put me on speaker." Mark said and I did so. "How exactly did this happen?" He asked.

"We lied this didn't happen in the car. We were walking along the side here and we felt a jolt and I turned to look behind and I just saw Carlos trapped under some rubble. My husband got him out along with this man. He unlocked the car for us, he was a mechanic I think. Please help our boy." Mrs. Malone said to us. So this isn't even their car and they may have put there son in more danger than what he already is in.

"You shouldn't have moved him, you may have made his internal injuries worse. Y/n do you have a needle or something to see if he can feel anything in his legs." Mark said to me, I had a quick look in my kit.

"Yes, I have a needle." I said to him, I put the phone on the floor next to me. I kept pressing it against Carlos legs in different areas but he couldn't feel anything. "He can't feel anything, Mark." I said to him with a sigh, I was hoping that he would be able to feel it against once. He was definitely paralysed. Most likely from the waist down.

"Someone needs to tell a paramedic or Search and Rescue that this kid might die if we don't get him to a hospital and soon." Mark said I looked at them.

"I'll go again, Ty I need you to stay and do what the doctor says." She said to her son before running off again.

"I need to make a splint, Ty please can you hold your brothers leg nice and still for me. Mr. Malone I'm going to give you some fresh gauze to hold his arm." I said to them, I found out my last bit of gauze and handed it to Mr. Malone. I took the old bit and put it in a plastic bag. I then found a few things in my bag and made a splint with it.

"What's his blood type so we can get ready at your arrival?" Mark asked Mr. Malone.

"He's O-neg." Mr. Malone said to us, it was good that they knew this. I spotted Mrs. Malone come back with a paramedic, who luckily had a backboard and a stretcher.

"Mark, there back. Can you tell everyone that we might need all hands on deck for this." I said to him.

"I will." He said before hanging up. I checked Carlos' B.P. It was dropping, which is never a good sign.