chapter seven: //

3 weeks later...

•Maddi Jane•

It was a peaceful morning, the birds were chirping and the sun was shinning. I could tell this was going to be a great day.

For the past three weeks Luke and I have been getting closer and closer. He broke things off with Lauren who was just a hookup. I was pretty upset at first but then again I was happy that Luke did that for me.

We have been hanging out a lot and each day he finds a way to bring a smile on my face. He really has been very supportive and a loving friend.

Today it will be the day that Luke Ryder will ask me a out, I can feel it. So I hopped out of bed happily and instead of throwing my hair into a bun I decided to straighten it.

After my hair was straightened I put on a sweatshirt and some jeans. I slid on some white vans and checked myself in the mirror. I smiled and slid on my glasses, I look like a sexy nerd... Psych!

I begin towalk to school as I clutched to my sweatshirt for my life. Now that it was near the end of October it was only getting colder. I decided against the bus because school isn't that far and I really don't wanna go on the bus.

I smiled to myself, despite the freezing weather today will be a great day.

As I arrived at the school a series of black vans were spread out in the parking lot. I ignored it and kept walking. Lauren was talking with a bunch of gentlemen with cameras around their necks, a photoshoot at school perhaps. Maybe it was picture day?

As I got closer and closer I realized that it wasn't normal photographers it was paparazzi. What?

"There she is! Maddi Jane!" Lauren yelled.

Everyone's attention was converted to me and just seconds later my eyes were being burned from the flashing lights and the men kept yelling "Madison over here!"

Students from school all surrounded me and that's when it happened. My worst nightmare was becoming a reality. I pushed threw the people and ran like there's no tomorrow to the building. I turned back for a second to meet Laurens smirk.

As I walked in the hallways with a huff all eyes were on me. I might be acting a little overdramatic, but then point is the attention was on me. Tears threaten to spill out of my eyes but I kept them in. I walked keeping my head low and made my way to locker.

I got my belongings and began my way to class. Just my luck, my fist class is on the other side of the building.

I kept walking when a very upset looking Darrah and few others that I have lately been talking to came up to me.

"What the hell," Darrah said.

"What?" I asked stupidly even though I have a pretty good idea why she was upset.

"I thought you were different from all those beauty queen girls, but it turns out your just like them," she glared. The girls behind her all huffed angrily.

"What do you mean? That was in the past, please understand," I begged.

"I'm supposed to be your best friend, yet i was the last to know," she said slyly. "Leave us all alone," Darrah said walking away with all the girls followed behind.

I stood in the middle of the hallway shocked. If only she knew the real reason, she would understand. The bell rang snapping me back to reality.

°°°

Three dreadful classes later I found myself waiting at Darrah's locker, still receiving unwanted attention from my classmates.

I heard a light groan, "can you please step aside, I need to get to my locker," darrah said.

"We. Need. To. Talk." I said firmly, emphasizing each word.

"No thanks," she rolled her eyes, dramatically putting her books away.

"That wasn't a question," I said pulling her to the near by exit of the school.

"What the hell," she pulled away from my grasp.

"My sister is dead," I blurted out with tears in my eyes.

She stopped walking and turned around to face me, "what?" She asked quietly.

"One year ago my whole world fell apart when my sister Megan passed away. I was model and an actress, a pretty famous one to," I chuckled slyly. "I decided to take a break from that life and to go to highschool. I've always been judged because of being famous. So I decided not to tell everyone who I was," I cried.

"I'm sorry, I just assumed that this was a publicity stunt," Darrah cried.

"Of course not!"

"Wait, why did Lauren do this to you?"

"Probably to get Luke back, I guess" I looked down tears spilling from eyes even more.

"Well let's go teach that bitch a lesson."

I chuckled, "alright,"

We began walking to the entrance, but darrah stopped. "Do you love him?"

I stood silent. Do I love Luke? No.. I haven't known him that long. But I do know that I have feelings for him.

"No, I have a lot of feelings for him though," I blushed.

"Yay!" She cheered. "Let's go get your man,"

We walked in the entrance and talked about my past as a model. When we reached the cafeteria my eyes landed on Luke's usual table. There he was with Lauren in his lap laughing at something Ron had said. I stood there frozen. Lauren must have seen me watching when she smirked and started making out with Luke.

Darrah looked over and I turned around and walked away. someone kept calling me put I just kept running.  I made my way out of school and ran home tears running down my face.

I guess today didn't turn out as expected. My happy day turned out to be one of the worst.

∆~∆~∆~∆~∆~~∆~~~∆∆~∆∆~~∆

Awwwhh poor Maddi!

What is she going to do?

What happened with Luke?

Well, love you guys!!! Thank you so much for your guy's support. And if you haven't seen it already.... I REACHED 1K READS!!! YAAAY!?!?

Thank you!

Vote, Comment, and Follow

-Ruby