chapter eight: //

I sat on my bed reading a book with my fake glasses and baggy sweats on. Its been about a week since the whole incident and it is now Halloween break.

Halloween break is one of those shorter breaks but the teachers realized that the students didn't show up anyways because of the hangovers from the big party that is always hosted. As a nerd, like every year, I'm not attending. As a model I used to go to the biggest parties ever, but that's changed.

As I guessed the whole story about me attending high school was all over the magazines they are calling me "The Undercover Nerd"

I put down the book and sighed. I stood up and headed down stairs. As many know [ just my parents and of course my few selected friends because I don't really talk to anyone else] I am very clumsy. So I couldn't just walked down the stairs wound free I had to trip over one of Max's toys causing me to tumble down the stairs and land on my ass. I groaned and stayed there laying on the ground.

Moments later I got up and went to the kitchen. My back feels a bit bruised but other than that I'm fine.

I opened the refrigerator and just stood there for a while looking at my options. I closed the refrigerator and walked over to the pantry and like before stood there and reviewed my options. then that's when I found myself going back and forth from the pantry to the refrigerator multiple times before just decided to eat an orange from the counter.

Suddenly my phone began to ring. I hopped up on the counter and swalled the slice of orange. I picked up the phone.

"Hello?" I said with a happy tone.

"Hey I'm coming over" Darrah said. By the firm tone in her voice I knew something was up.

"Fine by me," I simply replied.

"Good because I'm here," a voice behind me said.

I smiled and jumped off the counter. I turned around to see my best friend with the phone in her hand smiling. I skipped towards her in a peaceful matter and engulfed her in a graceful hug. We laughed together and skipped away upstairs.

That's how that could of gone... Instead this is what happened...

After hearing the voice behind me I screamed as loud as I could out of fear causing me to fall completely of the counter.

I groaned as I lied in the uncomfortable position on the floor. I got up and glared at Darrah who was laughing her ass off. "What was that," I growled in a low voice.

She continued to laugh but when she saw my glare she immidetly covered it up with a cough. "Sorry" she smiled.

"No your not," I hissed rubbing my ankle that I fell on. That's gonna leave a mark.

Moments laughter darrah broke out into fits of laughter again. I just shook my head and smiled at my dumb best friend standing before me.

After Darrah stopped laughing she sat at the island and huffed. I gave her a confused look telling her to explain. "Parents" she said.

Darrah and her parents never get a long. They argue and fight all the time. Basically, Darrah's parents put her under extreme pressure and expectations. It doesn't really go well and when they do get in big arguments she comes here, her "getaway" like she once put it.

"I don't know why they expect good grades when I push on pull doors," she threw her hands up it the air over dramatically. I chuckled lightly. "My parents just dont understand," she sighed.

I turned around and opened the freezer I grabbed the tub of moose track ice cream, Darrah's favorite.

I turned on my heel and put the tub between us, I got two big spoons and without hesitation Darrah dug in.

"So there's this guy," she trailed off.

We have been sitting in the kitchen for the past three hours talking about each others problems. Sometimes bestfriends need this, just time to talk.

I hummed, "who is he?" I smirked.

"Chase Jones," she said quietly.

My eyes widened in shock, "Chase Jones? Like football player bad boy Chase Jones?"

"Yeah, well he's not that bad actually," she said surprising me.

"Care to enlighten me?"

"Well I ran into him at the park and he tried to pick me up if you know what I mean," I nodded understanding how much of a pervert he is. " so anyways i denied him and moved along, I must have bruised his ego because the next day he found me near my locker and asked me what was wrong with me. I only replied with a simple shrug and walked away. We started talking more and more and then suddenly he asked me on a date a few weeks ago and I said yes." She continued talking about how she's changing him and that he such a better person. I'm happy for her its just Chase doesn't exactly seem like the boyfriend type.

"I'm happy for you," I smiled engulfing her in a hug.

"I've missed this," she said.

I smiled, "me to!" We laughed and continued on with then night we even started playing Just Dance when we ran out of things to talk about.

Darrah is a dancer, practically professional. She does ballet, lyrical, and jazz. Her life goal is to get into Juilliard, which is going to be a peace of cake giving the fact that she's awesome!

Well me on the other hand... Let's just say I was practically born with two left feet...

"Oh my god Maddi are you even trying, your like a fish on land," Darrah complained laughing.

I laughed to while dancing along with Call Me Maybe. Once the song was over I was done, I collapsed on the couch out of breath. Darrah just stood there with her arms crossed over her chest looking at me with disappointment in her eyes.

"How are you not dieing?" I asked amazed. "This is some tough shit," I complained.

She shrugged and began the next dance, fluently getting each dance move perfect with no doubt she won.

∆~∆~∆~~∆∆~∆~~∆~∆

Hey Guys!!

This was a lot happier chapter, don't ya think?

Darrah and Chase? Hmm.. This is going to be interesting.

So does anyone know how to make a book trailer? Well I would love it if you made one for Undercover Nerd I tried but I'm just not talented when it comes to those things, lol.

Well anyways...

Vote

Comment

&Follow

Love y'all so fricken much

-Ruby <3