chapter ten: //

(AN: Picture to the side is the dress Maddi wears to the interview. Enjoy! Please read the authors note at the end, its very important! Thank you!)

"Sweetie," my mom said softly from the other side of the door. "Can I come in?" She asked.

I was standing near my second window, that had the view of my front lawn, where many of the paparazzi were camping out. They had been here this morning after that magazine came out, everyone wanted an exclusive on the "Undercover Nerd"

Like really? Clever title, you fucking dumb asses. What kind of shit head would come up with something so stupid. God damn.

I decided not to focus my anger on Lauren or other people, but simply on myself. I shouldn't have hid for so long. I didn't even quit, I just disappeared. I think most people thought I was dead.

Not many know Megan is dead, actually, only a few people knew about her death. Including family members and those who worked close to her kind of put the pieces together.

"Sweetheart?" My mom asked worriedly, snapping me out my thoughts.

"Come in," I said.

She had a small stack of magazines and looked pretty tired. She sat on my bed and turned on the TV with the remote. There was a host of a public big time TV show called "GoodVibes", talking about me. A bunch of photos of me were also on the screen as she talked.

"Maddison Jane, also referred to as Maddi Jane, has been off the map for almost a year now but has recently been found at a small city called "Riverwood" she has been attending the local High School, undercover as a nerd," a picture that showed me at my locker about a month ago with glasses and baggy pants on. My textbooks were in my arms, I looked like a total nerd. Lauren must of sent it in. As I was about to turn off the TV to keep me away from this bullshit, something caught my eye. "Not only her, but her equally famous older sister Megan hasn't been on the radar for a little over a year as well. As paparazzi await in front of Maddi's house, there still had been no sign of Megan,"

"I need to take an interview," I told my mom quietly.

"Are you sure?" My mom asked as her eyes lit up.

She has always wanted me to go back, however I didn’t. She was not only my mom back then, but also my manager.

"I need to explain and to resign from being a model and actress officially," I said. "Get the most popular Talk Show available. I need this interview as soon as possible so they leave me alone."

"Okay sweetie, is tomorrow fine?"

"Yes, that would be perfect."

°°°

I looked at myself in the mirror, wow its been awhile. I was wearing a dress, the top half was a subtle white and the bottom half was a silky, light pink that was short in the front but long in the back. Also, my makeup was to perfection. My outfit was matched with a pair of white flats. I didn't want to dress to formally, so I decided to dress casually.

I walked down stairs with one hand on the rail so I wouldn't fall down, I still have a bruise from last time.

"You look stunning," my mom complimented.

My mom was dressed formally in a basic black dress. Max, who was standing beside her, was dressed in a button up and black dress pants. He looked so cute. Those who were wondering, my father isn't in the picture and never will be. He left after Max was born so I don't really remember him that much.