Chapter 3: Anniversary/ Confessions

My brother was going to be away for 2 hours and my parents got caught up in some place and won't be here for another 5 hours.

"That looks good." He says with his sweet smile.

I smile back, "Thanks Tooru." He turns red again.

I put the balloons shaped like hearts, with "happy anniversary" written on it, near the tables and doors. We place confetti cannons to blow as soon as they come in too. We also signed the card. Hajime already did,

Happy anniversary mom and dad, I wish you more years to come I love you both
-Hajime

Oikawa and I were left. I wrote

Happy anniversary, thanks for taking me in to be a part of this. I hope you last forever.
-(Y/N)

Oikawa wrote on it too, I don't know what he wrote though. Doesn't matter it couldn't have been too deep anyway with my parents.

About 30 minutes go by and we finish setting up. So we got 1 hour and 30 minutes to kill.

Tooru walks up to me, "Can I talk to you for a second?"

I knew what was coming and I still listened to him. "Well... you see I r-really...." He pauses and I look at him in the eyes.

After 5 minutes of stuttering and silence, he was finally able to get it out, "I really like you!"

I look stunned, I know I can't, but I can't help it, I pull his collar and bring his face over to mine and we clash in a kiss. He's shocked at first, but after a few seconds, he returns it. My hands on the back of his neck and his around my waist. "I like you too."

We both smile and giggle and just spend time snuggled up on the couch as we talk. I love this and I hope it never ends.

Then Tooru's smile disappears, "I have a question?"

I looked at him, "What?"

"Why didn't you tell me?" He says worriedly.

"Tell you what?" I ask confused and honestly kind of scared.

He breathes in, "Iwazumi told me what happened in America."

I froze and moved away from him horror-struck, "How long have you known?"

He answers, "4 days now."

I look at him with a more tense face, "You must think I'm an awful person." I say with tears starting to roll down my face.

I run my hands through my hair. He gets up off the couch and hugs me tightly, "I could never hate you." He just hugs me with a warmth I haven't ever felt before.

I was shocked and I was frozen, but soon enough I hugged back, "I-I love you," I choked back my tears.

He hugs me tighter, "I love you too."

He lets me go and kisses me again with his hands cupping my face. I was wrong all along. "Why did he tell you?"

He started blushing, "Well I wanted to ask you out and I asked him if you would accept. He said there's a possibility you would say no because of your past. I asked what it was, at first, he would ignore me or wave me off, but one day, I annoyed him so much he told me everything."

I put my hands behind my back, "Why don't you hate me right now?"

He puts his hands around my waist and pulls me closer, "Well 1, I love you, 2, he was an idiot, and 3, it wasn't your fault."

I choked back some more tears hearing him say that. I couldn't help but hug him. He moved my hair off my face.

"Iwa should be here in 5 minutes." He says looking at the clock.

"Aw Hajime," I whine wanting my entire family to leave so I could be alone with Tooru.

He smiles at my reaction, "Don't worry. It's for one day. Plus, 25 years, that's a lot."

We both sit on the couch waiting for Hajime. He comes inside, "I'm here. Hurry (Y/N), get the cake ready, Oikawa helps me cook."

I grab the cake and place it on the table. Meanwhile, Oikawa is helping my brother cook. I forgot for a second that he could cook.

When my parents got here all of us yelled, "SURPRISE!" My dad smiled at the gesture and my mom started crying.

Oikawa was invited to stay and he accepted. I was happy he stayed and so was he.

"This is delicious," my mom said trying the food Oikawa and Hajime did.

My dad looked over at Oikawa, "If you date my daughter you have my approval."

We both blushed, but ended up holding hands and Hajime noticed. He didn't say anything though.

We brought out old pictures and Oikawa thought I looked cute as a kid. We did karaoke and looked at old family videos. I saw pictures of my parents when they were still in my life.

We found old pictures of Hajime and it was my turn to make him suffer.

We put a video of my parents' wedding while me and Oikawa were sitting together. I rested my head on his shoulder, held his hand and I smiled.

We had a fun time and at the end of the day my parents fell asleep on the couch and Hajime fell asleep on the floor.

I thought Tooru was asleep and went to my room. A few minutes later I feel someone on my bed. I turn around and I find Oikawa, "What are you doing Tooru?"

He yawned, "Sleeping."

I roll my eyes and turn around his hand goes around my waist, he pulls me closer and kisses my cheek. I smile lightly and hold on to his hand. "Good night Tooru."

"Good night my Queen." He says and I doze off. What did I do to deserve any of this?