Chapter 4: I love you

~Oikawa's POV~

(Y/N) is awesome, I'm glad I fell for her. She's done nothing except help us with the Spring Preliminaries. Which to be honest I find cute. Mostly we found out just how good she is and she's awesome.

-Flashback-

"Alright (Y/N), today we see what you can do. Yahaba will set for you and we'll see how good you can spike and how high you can jump," Iwa tells Yuki. I wanted to set for her, but I wanted to see how she handled another setter.

"Okay," she says plainly.

Yahaba sets to her and she jumps so high it's unbelievable. Her spike is as strong as Mad Dog's

"That felt awesome I haven't spiked a good ball in a while," she says.

I was amazed and so was everyone else, I don't think Mad Dog has ever been so surprised. "Hello Tooru, you okay?"

"You are awesome," I say still a little shocked.

She just giggles, "I know." She kisses me and I kiss back. I think that shocked the team even more.

-End Flashback-

We have a match today and here she is with us. We go up against Karasuno today. First, we beat them, then, we beat Shiratorizawa.

"All right Tooru this is your chance I know you'll win and if you don't I love either way." She says sweetly.

I grin and rub my nose, "We are not going to lose today."

We went to get ready for the match Karasuno is tense I can tell. Well, we beat them last time and we will again. This is the end of the road for you Tobio.

-After the game-

We... lost... How can I look Yuki in the eye? I was supposed to beat Ushiwaka this year. Dang, it.

~Your POV~

They lost. All their hard work, down the drain. Karasuno's crows win the match. 2-1. Oikawa and Iwa seem upset, my brother's crying and with good reason too.

I went to meet up with Oikawa, "Tooru, don't worry you'll beat Ushiwaka next time."

He smiles, but it crumbles instantly, "I'll go get the rest of the team."

I nod and go off to the bus, but before I tell, "Don't worry you'll beat him next time. I love you winner or loser."

I walked to the door and I decided to stay there until he came back. A few minutes later he came back with Yahaba, Kindaichi, and Kunimi. They're so disappointed. I can't do anything either.

Before that, Iwa came up to me, "Are you waiting for Oikawa?" I nod. "Take him somewhere when we get back it'll make him feel better to be around you."

I hug him, "Okay see you at home."

Back to the present, I go up to Oikawa, "I want you to come with me, we can go get some food."

He just nods and follows me. I hate seeing him upset. Losing to Karasuno, the same team they already beat, it's just awful.

I was about to cry too, but I can't, I have to make Tooru feel better. We start eating his favorite food and then he starts smiling. "There's the smiling Tooru I know and love."

He stops eating and I can see he's forcing his smile. He hasn't looked me in the eye since he lost. When we walk home I stop on the street, "Tooru can you look at me?"

He looks at me like I ask only to see them filled with shame, "I'm sorry." He says.

I walk closer, "What on earth are you sorry for?

He seems shocked and he looks away, "I said I'd win and I lost."

I hugged him and he froze for a while and hugged back, "I don't care, remember what I said?" We stopped and looked at each other, "I said I'd love you, loser or winner. I meant it, you are everything to me, why do you think I care about whether you win or lose? You tried your best and you did amazing. I believe in you more than you know. You will beat Ushiwaka okay?"

He stands there with tears strolling down his face, "I-I..." he just went forward and hugged me, "I love you."

I hugged him back and smiled with tears in my eyes, "I love you too Tooru."

We just locked in a kiss it must've lasted a minute. When we let go we just smiled. He took me home and fell asleep next to me when we spent the night talking. He really is cute when he sleeps.