Chapter 5

~Oikawa's POV~

Only 2 weeks till graduation and Karasuno won the national tournament. They are good and it pains me to admit it. We never got a chance to go to nationals.

They beat 3 of the best schools, Nekoma, Fukorodani, and even Itachiyama in the finals.

I've been with (Y/N) for over half a year and I got to admit she's the best. She makes me want to be better for when I do beat Ushiwaka.

However, a question keeps rattling my brain, what happened to her biological parents?

Today I'm going to find out. I took her to a park late in the afternoon so no one was around and I could ask her.

She is like such a brave and caring person. I wonder who she gets it from.

"Hey, (Y/N) can I ask you something?" I ask her kind of scared she'll slap me.

"Yeah, sure what?" She says sweetly.

I take a deep breath and ask her, "What happened to your biological parents?"

She tensed up and I kind of regret asking now.

~Your POV~

"What happened to your parents?"

I tensed up, what makes him ask me this now? I should've seen it coming though. What should I say?

He seems regretful and I feel guilty and maybe it's time to tell him the truth, "I don't know."

He looks at me surprised, "What do you mean?"

I look at him and I see his eyes filled with worry and curiosity, "When I was a kid my dad left and I never saw him. I think I was 3 or 4. A few years passed and my mom became crazy and mentally unstable. Hajime's mom raised me most of my life. One day she burned down the house when I was 14. My mom was taken I don't know where and I was sent to my aunt's house. But, I called her 'mom' more than I did my own mother. A few months after, they sent me to study for 2 years in America. Where all the other drama occurred. My biological mom was taken away, my biological father left and I ended up in a terrible situation in America. My real parents as far as I'm concerned are my aunt and uncle. And Hajime is my brother."

I looked over at him when I was done and he was just frozen and his eyes were filled with tears. He just hugged me. "I'm sorry."

I hug him back, "Don't be if I hadn't gone been with Hajime, I never would've gotten better chances, a happier life and I never would've fallen in love with you."

He finally let me go and caressed my cheek and I held his hand he came in closer and closed the gap between us, our lips pressed together in a kiss. I really love him.

~Oikawa's POV~

I never knew her story would be so sad, she really is brave and strong. I want to be with her forever.

-2 years later-

~3rd person POV~

"(Y/N) you home?" Asked Oikawa wondering where his girlfriend was.

She yelled back, "I'm in the kitchen, what are you doing here?"

He puffed his cheeks and hugged her from behind, "I can't come and say 'hi' to my beautiful girlfriend?"

She giggled and turned around placing her hands around his neck. "You can come over anytime. Even if it's to pick Hajime up for team practice. "

They were about to kiss when Iwazumi ran downstairs, "Hey crappykawa."

They both glare at him and Yuki scolds him, "Worst timing, Hajime."

Oikawa whines, "Stop calling me that."

He smiled at them, "How's this, the day you get married I'll leave you alone for a month."

They both started blushing at the idea of marriage, especially since they considered the possibility. Oikawa was actually thinking of proposing to her.

Oikawa left with Iwazumi, placing a kiss on his girlfriend's cheek, "See you in a bit."

She smiles, "Okay, be careful."

They left for their team practice. Their team consisted of him, Iwazumi, Kyotani, Yahaba, Aone, Ennoshita, Kuroo, Sakusa(From Itachiyama), and some other upperclassmen. They had a strong team and they were good. They all agreed on Oikawa as team captain. They were training for another tournament and this time they were against Ushiwaka on the 1st day. If they make it past the first round in 3 days.

Iwazumi starts a conversation with Oikawa, "Just when on earth are you going to ask her?"

Oikawa gets a little flustered, "I was thinking tomorrow. By the way, can I ask if you guys can stay out of the house for about 1 hour?" He nods and just as he's about to speak Oikawa asks him, "If she says 'yes' will you be my best man?"

Iwazumi freezes and he nods with a fist in front of him for a fist bump which Oikawa gladly accepts.

They head in to practice, "Hey guys."

"Hey, captain." They reply.

The next day Oikawa and (Y/N) stayed at her house, where she still lived with her parents. "Tooru, are you awake?"

He wakes up, "Yep, I'm awake."

She tests him, "Oh really, what happened at the end of the movie?"

He was unable to respond proving her right. She started smiling and giggling and he just thinks about how beautiful she is. (Y/N) just loved her boyfriend.

He looks at her, "Can I ask you something?" She nods and he kneels down and pulls out a ring and she covers her mouth, "Iwazumi, (Y/N) you have been my light and encouragement from day one and you trusted me. You loved the real me from day one. I love you with everything I have, so will you trust me once more and marry me?"

She starts crying tears of joy and hugs him, "Yes, yes I'll marry you." She finally lets him go and kisses him. He places the ring on her finger and her family appeared from the room next door, "You guys knew?"

Iwazumi grinned, "Of course we knew, he asked for our parents' blessing last week. I was just there when he asked."

She smiles happily, her happy ever after.

On the day of the wedding, her father walked her down the aisle and she smiled and Oikawa looked at her with love on their wedding day. Both saying 'I do' and kissing in front of friends and family.