𝐱𝐢. DOGNAPPED

▬▬▬▬▬ CHAPTER ELEVEN ▬▬▬▬▬

THE TERROR IN HOGWARTS HAD yet to make it's return, though everyone was obviously still scared of it coming back. No one knew why the attacks had stopped, but they just hoped it stayed that way.

Esmerelda wanted to ask what was the situation with the monster (*cough, cough* basilisk *cough, cough*), but Professor Sprout was well aware of the reason for her many detentions so she refrained from asking.

Nothing new happened after that. Her lessons droned on, and she decided to skip Defense Against the Dark Arts yet again to master new spells. Since she was dead tired, she allowed herself a minor break from hard-to-do offensive spells and tried out more simpler things like the Color-Changing Charm and the Reducing Charm.

They were pretty easy for her to get the hang of, so easy that she even managed to learn how to do them wandlessly and non-verbally all before lunch could start. She switched her deep purple tie back to the typical Hufflepuff colors and stood up, dusting the snow and dirt off of her sheer black tights. She hated how girls weren't allowed to wear any pants during winter time. Scotland was freezing during this season, couldn't girls be allowed to wear something warmer? It was totally sexist. Artemis wouldn't have approved.

Speaking of Artemis, she wondered how the quest was going. It hadn't been very long since her departure, so she had yet to receive any updates from the Stoll brothers about what was going on. She could only hope that Artemis and Annabeth was rescued and that the questers were...

Well, she couldn't exactly say 'okay', since two of them were destined to die, but she hoped that the ones left alive weren't hurt too badly.

As everyone shuffled to the dining hall for lunch, Harry rushed up to her and tapped her shoulder.

"Hey," she greeted him plainly.

"I need to talk to you," he said, looking serious.

She rose a brow but nodded anyways. "Okay, what is it?"

He hesitated for a bit. "Back at the hospital wing, Dobby called you—"

"—Oh no you don't, Potter!" Ernie snarled, coming between them. He jabbed a finger at his chest. "You're not gonna target another Hufflepuff, not on my watch!"

Harry's face fell into annoyance. "For the hundredth time, I'm not the Heir!" He shouted, catching everyone's attention.

Ernie scoffed. "Yeah, right, Potter. Could've fooled me."

Esmerelda grimaced. "Ernie..." She trailed off, before she could speak any further, a certain House Head strode forward as the students parted like the Red Sea.

"What is the meaning of this delay? You all should be heading off to lunch!" Professor McGonagall stated, looking around.

"Potter was going to target Essie next Professor!" Ernie tattled, causing Harry's mouth to drop. Luckily for him, Ron and Hermione came forward to his defense.