𝐱𝐱𝐯. TOM RIDDLE

▬▬▬ CHAPTER TWENTY FIVE ▬▬▬

TED TONKS WAS... GREATLY CONCERNED when he found out his wife and daughter were basically mind-controlled by a fifteen year old boy who was also the half-brother of his... niece-in-law? Cousin-in-law? (Seriously, what was she to him?)

Though it explained why they had a sudden change of heart. He remembered when he first heard the news of Sirius Black having a daughter—he shuddered to think of what sort of gremlin he would spawn—and his wife and Tonks being more than eager to take her in since apparently she was living in some muggle camp all the way in New York (how did she even get to America anyways?). He wasn't able to come with them since he had work that day, but he remembered being confused when he returned home to see no spawn of Sirius in sight. He grew even more confused when Andromeda and Tonks explained to him—in creepy unison—that Esmerelda was 'safe at camp'.

Said niece/cousin was then kidnapped by her psychopathic best friend who managed to break into Hogwarts. Now that really shocked him. How did a student get kidnapped from Hogwarts? It was unheard of! The next biggest thing to shock him was when Andromeda and Tonks returned from their 'trip' to New York to tell him that apparently the Greek gods existed and Esmerelda was the daughter of the one who created their wizarding world.

He was more shocked at the fact that his girls would believe that so easily. Gods? Demigods? Seriously? Those were all myths. That couldn't be true...

But then he and his wife came to pick up Esmerelda from her camp and he saw the satyrs, the nymphs, and the super-powered kids (using no wands) and that was when he realized that they were probably telling the truth...

Now he was just wary of her. He knew of her father. Sirius was a few years younger than him, but he had experienced several of his pranks with his annoying friends. Though it was more sabotage than pranks, since the little brat had soaked his and his fellow Ravenclaws' homework that one time.

And now Sirius Black's hellspawn would be staying with him. Living under his roof and everything. Ted was very uncertain about it, but his wife and daughter insisted that she was a sweet kid. That she was traumatized and was currently undergoing a war that would either result in saving the world or the end of their days.

"She needs time to recover from everything," Andromeda had said. "We're keeping her here. A nice change of scenery would do her good. Keep her mind off of... things."

Ted just smiled and nodded but he was screaming on the inside. Sirius Black was bad enough but his kid? Even worse, she had the additional powers of a goddess. Dear Merlin, what sort of hellish torture would she put him through? It would be a hundred times worse than her father's, that was for sure.

But she had been staying with them for three weeks now and she had yet to do anything horrible. She was actually pretty nice and polite, cheerful too just like his daughter... Nothing at all like Sirius! And sure seeing her do wandless magic freaked him out, but he stopped being wary of her long before he witnessed her face-plant for the millionth time since he'd met her onto a plate of eggs after exhausting herself too much from practicing her Mist-travel.