𝐱𝐢𝐢𝐢. THE WAKE-UP CALL

▬▬▬ CHAPTER THIRTEEN ▬▬▬

THE STUDENTS OF HOGWARTS WERE abruptly woken up by the sound of chaos going throughout the entire castle. Outside they could hear the ghosts and paintings screaming their heads off.

"ATTACK! There's been another attack!"

"Run!"

"EVERY MAN FOR THEMSELVES!" (That was Peeves)

The Gryffindors gathered around the common room when Professor McGonagall barked at them: "Back to the dorms! All of you! Now!"

As everyone retreated, Harry, Ron and Hermione looked at each other.

"Get your cloak," Ron whispered.

"Already on it," Harry whispered back.

With the cloak thrown over all three of them, they tiptoed out of their common room and quietly headed after Professor McGonagall. They followed her into the infirmary and peeked through the gap between the doors. There, they saw Dumbledore, the House Heads, and Madam Pomfrey gathered around a motionless body on a hospital bed.

Harry sucked in a breath. Another student had been petrified? Who was it?

Dumbledore took his wand and pointed it at the person's chest. "Rennervate," he murmured and the person was brought back to consciousness.

"Ugh...!" The person groaned. They tried to sit up but Madam Pomfrey gently pushed him back down to no avail. The person looked at his surroundings with wild, wide eyes.

"Cedric Diggory...?" Ron whispered under his breath.

Madam Pomfrey quickly went to work on fixing up his broken and bleeding nose while the others worked together to calm him down.

"Mr. Diggory, you are safe now." Professor Sprout said soothingly. "You're at the Hospital Wing."

"Y-yeah, I know," Cedric said shakily, gingerly touching his fully healed nose. He gulped and lowered his arms, gripping the blankets tightly.

"Do you remember what happened? What attacked you?" Snape, the inconsiderate jerk, asked immediately.

"Severus—" Professor McGonagall started to scold, but Cedric spoke up.

"It was a boy." He answered.

Everyone stared at him in surprise.

"A boy?" Even Dumbledore sounded surprised.

He nodded. "Yeah... He—"

"—A student?" Snape prodded.

"No—I don't know! Just listen to me!" Cedric snapped, looking between them. "He was attacking Esmerelda! He had a sword! He was trying to kill her!"