44

when he finished reading and put it back in the envelope neatly, hyunjin had already fallen asleep, lips parted prettily to let soft breaths brush over them.

jisung sighed, reaching out his hand and sorting out his hair with soft touches, head cocked to the side a bit as he watched him.

''i already knew what you were thinking, little pup,'' he whispered into nothingness. ''i just wanted you to know it yourself.''

hyunjin blinked his eyes opened again, awoken by the soft touches and looking fairly confused. ''sungie?''

''yeah, precious,'' jisung shushed, leaning close and pressing a kiss to his forehead. ''i read your letter. do you feel better now that you wrote it?''

the boy thought for a moment. ''i feel more clear-headed, but i think i might be more confused now.''

''how come?'' he wondered in a soft voice. ''too many thoughts?''

with a hum, hyunjin agreed timidly. ''i just wanna love you, but it's like my own mind fights against me. those thoughts go away when i slip, i know you like me better when i do.''

''i don't 'like you better' when you slip,'' jisung disregarded. ''i always like you, wether you let me take care of you or not.''

hyunjin pouted, his eyes flickering over his face. ''i don't like myself this way, in any way.''

jisung leaned forward to place another kiss on his forehead. ''i do, a lot. do you want me to sleep in the bed with you or should i just use yours?''

''with me,'' hyunjin whispered. ''if you still want to, i don't want you uncomfortable.''

the younger made some type of noise before he slipped into the bed as well, opening his arms for hyunjin to lay in them.

''i really am sorry,'' the older mumbled against his chest once he settled. ''i don't wanna hurt you.''

jisung shushed him, hand tangling into the hair on the back of his head. ''you're trying, you may not see it yourself, but i know you're improving at being in touch with your emotions.''

hyunjin's breath wavered for a moment, overwhelmed that jisung had decided not to stay the night away. ''i love you.''

''my puppy,'' jisung cooed. ''i love you too.''

''good,'' hyunjin huffed, tone unintentionally cute as he pouted subconsciously. ''don't stop.''

''i won't,'' he promised, even if he wasn't sure if he meant the massaging of his hair or the loving. ''hyunjin and jisung.''

''sleepy,'' the older complained, his eyes refusing to stay opened for any longer. ''you're too warm n comfy.''

''okay, precious,'' jisung laughed fondly. ''go sleep if you feel like it, you need it.''

hyunjin hummed, nuzzling his chest like he always liked to do. ''m gonna go sleepy.''

''alright,'' he agreed, chuckling once more. ''i'm not stopping you.''

the older huffed again, all the tension leaving his body with one breath as he fully sank into him.

''please give me time,'' hyunjin said in a soft voice. ''i'll change for you.''

''it's okay, pup,'' jisung shushed, pulling him a bit closer. ''i love you a lot, please go to sleep.''

''yeah.'' he whispered, taking some of jisung's sweater into his mouth and nibbling on it subconsciously.

jisung kept scratching his hair, not saying anything about the light pulling he felt on his clothes.

once he was sure hyunjin fell asleep he smiled, pulling him just a little closer and feeling the pressure on his sweater grow less.

''my little puppy,'' jisung cooed in a hushed voice. ''you're so small, i'm so proud of your letter.''

he pulled at him so he could lay hyunjin on top of him halfway, his body feeling like a comfortable blanket.

''i won't get angry at you again,'' he apologised, safe when nobody could hear him. ''i promise.''

jisung shuffled down a little, getting more comfortable and closing his eyes.

''good night, my puppy.'' the younger whispered, resting his nose in his hair and smelling it again, grown to be a habit.

and their sleep was peaceful, easily ignoring all the outside noise as they were wrapped inside each other's arms.

when hyunjin woke up somewhere in the middle of the night he didn't even bother to try and figure out what was going on, snuggling further into jisung and sleepily mumbling something he wouldn't remember.

he had drooled on jisung's chest, the cotton wet with the moisture to make him feel a bit guilty, shuffling down his body to rest his head on his tummy.

lifting his sweater for him, he kissed the skin of his tummy, putting the item back over his head so he could hide in the space, safe.

the older sighed deeply, relaxing and tumbling right back to sleep with the warmth.

-

:)