ALL ABOUT SNUFF

Connor was standing on the helo deck when the helicopter touched down with Mike, Dr. Pratt and the injured Julia on board. He rushed up to the aircraft as they unloaded her. "Julia."

She looked up at Connor drowsy from the loss of blood and then winced. "Hey."

"What happened?"

"She got shot in the back," Dr. Pratt replied as they rushed her to the medical bay.

"Will she be alright?"

"It's too soon to tell yet Lieutenant."

Connor turned his focus to Mike who had a worried look on his face. "Sir?"

Mike and Connor were both waiting outside of the treatment bay when Dr. Pratt stepped outside to update them on Julia's situation. "Admiral."

Mike could see on his face that something was seriously wrong. "Doctor?"

"She needs surgery. The bullet lodged into her lumbar spine. I cannot remove it without general anesthesia. And the risks of a surgery like that..."

"What are the risks?"

"I hate to say this sir, but there's a risk she might be crippled for the rest of her life due to nerve damage. Although I'm not an expert. I might be wrong."

"Well you're a doctor," Mike replied.

"Yes, Admiral Slattery. I'm a navy doctor. Not a surgeon. I only have experience with the basics and general surgery. This is much more complicated than that bullet I removed from your backside."

"There is a possibility she will be okay?" Mike asked worried and hoping for a positive answer.

"Yes, but the chances are slim to none." He noticed the somewhat depressed look on Slattery's face. "I'm sorry sir."

"Do whatever you can doctor."

"Yes sir."

**********

Mike was in the ward room with Cabrera, Bianca, Hale and XO Green when Kara opened the door and stepped inside. She closed the door behind her again and looked at the clearly brooding Mike. "Sir..." He turned his focus on her. "I'm sorry about what happened to your daughter."

"Yeah..."

She turned to look at the TV screen up against the wall. "What do we have here?"

"The works of a sick and twisted individual," Mike replied with disgust as he kept his gaze on the TV screen. "Are you sure you want to watch this? It's disgusting," Mike said with revolt.

"I want to watch it. I want to know what we're dealing with."

"Don't say I didn't warn you." He looked at Cabrera and gave a slight nod to give him the go ahead to play the video. Cabrera proceeded to press play. Mike knew the girl in the video. Cabrera did too. "Clarice Hawkins..."

Kara looked at Mike shocked. "You know her sir?"

"She was reported missing 7 years ago when Admiral Slattery was still a homicide detective back in Chicago," Cabrera replied.

"What's the date on the DVD cover?" Mike asked somberly.

Cabrera turned over the case to look at the details on the back. "It was produced the same year she was reported missing."

"What do they even call that crap?" Mike asked disgusted, hesitating to look at the screen.

"Its snuff porn sir," Hale replied.