DOG FIGHT

The guards that were supposed to watch over Bianca while she was held hostage on Noorani's ship stood in the ward room in front of him while he was seated at the end of the table. "How did you let her get away? You don't just let a person you hold hostage get away!"

"Admiral Slattery and his men took us by surprise. We didn't expect them coming," they both replied simultaneously.

"You should have been awake! Not asleep! I am going to get that woman back. Even if it means I have to sink the USS Chandler. No one makes a deal with me and breaks it."

"Understood sir."

"Don't just stand there. Do something!"

"What?"

"Ugh, never mind. I'd rather deal with it myself if I have two useless imbeciles working for me. Get out! Now!"

**********

On the USS Chandler, Bianca was laying on the bed in her cabin staring at the ceiling. Her cabin mate, one of the other female officers on the ship was fast asleep and snoring away. It was just a little past midnight. Mike's passionate assault on her was still haunting her. "Dammit." She got out of bed still dressed in a t-shirt and her pajama pants and slipped on her slippers before she hasted herself to the mess deck. A handful of the male officers on the ship were playing cards and having sodas when she walked in. One of them looked up at her. "Grace, come and join us."

"Thanks guys." She sat down on one of the empty chairs.

"Get the lady a soda," one of the officers demanded. Just then Hale also entered the mess deck. He sat down next to Grace. "You're not in bed yet?"

"I think I need some fresh air." She stood up from the table and left the mess deck.

Hale got up too and got two sodas from the vending machine before he ran after Bianca who was on her way to the helo deck again. She was already seated with her back against the aftside rails having a full view of the USS Chandler from behind. What a magnificent ship it was. Hale walked up to her and sat down next to her before he handed her one of the sodas. "I brought you this."

"Thanks." She opened the can and admired the ship again. "What a magnificent ship. I never really got the chance to look on her from this side. She's quite something. Captain Green is lucky to be her captain."

"Not anymore

"Not anymore." Hale opened his soda and took a sip.

"What?" Bianca asked with a scowl.

"She's under Admiral Slattery's command now. Captain Green and XO Green were both transferred to the USS William Slater."

"Yeah..." Bianca teared up and bit on her lower lip while she tried to swallow at the building knob in her throat. "Whatever."

Hale could hear in her voice she was close to tears and looked at her concerned. "Hey, are you okay?"