Chapter:3

Mackenzie's POV

I wake up to somebody knocking on my door. "Kenzie. Can I come in." I hear Luna Alex say through the door. I sit up and look toward Derek who is laying on his stomach, shirtless.

I get up and run a hand through my hair. "Yeah." I say and she comes in.

"Mornin'." I mumble and she smiles as she sees Derek. "Good afternoon." She smirks and I blush.

"It's not that late. Is it?" I ask grabbing my phone. "It's 2 pm, Kenz." She says raising her brow with a small smile.

I laugh sheepishly and shakes her head.

"I just came to tell you that Aiden will be home earlier. Tonight. I want everybody to be there to welcome him. Is that okay?" She says and I try my best to seem unfazed by it.

"Okay. We'll be there. What time?" I ask and she holds up four fingers. I nod and she looks at the unopened bag of sour worms that Derek brought last night.

"You can have them." I tell her and she lights up like a Christmas tree. I hand them to her and she kisses my cheek before leaving.

I lay back down and close my eyes.

"Did I do good?" Derek suddenly asks, nearly giving me a heart attack. "What the fuck man." I say trying to calm myself.

"I'm asking, did I do good with the fake sleep. I didn't want to be involved in that awkward conversation." He says, still in the same position.

"You're a butthole." I say smacking him with the pillow. "You look like one." He says and jumps up throwing the pillow at me.

It turns into a full blown pillow fight. We somehow end up with my legs around his neck in a choke hold and his arm almost being snapped by me.

He taps out and I smile triumphantly. "Mackenzie Lathen. All time champion!" I shout and Derek rolls his eyes. "I let you win, dumbass." He says getting up and walking into the bathroom.

"No you didn't." I say following him in. He takes a piss while I brush my teeth. "Yes I did. You can't actually win against me." He says showing his rarely seen cocky side.

"Oh reewee." I say with a mouth full of toothpaste. He nods, flushing the toilet and walking over to me to brush his teeth as well.

I rinse and walk into the room. "You know you're lying. You can't accept the fact that a girl kicked your ass." I say grabbing the controller and switching his PS4 on.

I throw the other one at him and put call of duty in. "Wanna bet?" He says smirking and I nod. "Fifty bucks for whoever wins and they have to carry the other one's bag around for a whole week." He says and I think about it.

I nod and we shake hands.

We play for I don't know how long before I win and fart on him. "That's what you get bitch." I yell at him. He flips me the bird and I smile.

"Come on now. Cough it up." I say and he slowly gets the money out of his bag. I smile until I unfold the note and see that it's a dollar. "What the fuck." I say but he's already out the door.

"Derek! You asshole." I yell chasing after him. He laughs as he slides down the railing of the stairs. I run down and tackle him just as he gets there. "Give me my money, you butt." I say choking him out.

"Never." He says, his voice sounding choked. I laugh and squeeze harder until the best scent ever invades my nostrils.

What is that?

I let go of Derek and smell around. I get up off the floor and walk to the kitchen. Nobody was cooking.

"Do you smell that?" I ask him as he stares at me confused. "All I smell is your nasty fart on me." He says scrunching his face up.

I give him the middle finger and walk back up the stairs to my room. I hop back in bed and grab my phone. It's four fifteen . We've been sleeping and gaming our whole day away.

It's Saturday so who cares.

Derek comes in with two bananas and throws one at me. We haven't eaten breakfast yet.  I munch on my banana as Derek plays with my hair.

"Do you think I would look good with a man bun?" He asks and I look at him and think for a bit.

"Yeah but then it will look weird if you don't have a beard." I tell him. Derek has this thing against beards. I on the other hand, love beards.

He would look good with one to be honest.

"I might try it. I don't know." He says and shrugs. I put my phone down throwing my leg over his waist and holding him. "I wanna sleep." I say and he chuckles.

"We just woke up." He he says. "Didn't Luna say something about Aiden coming at four?" He asks and I nod.

I groan and get up and pull him with me. "Let's go, son." I say and hop on his back. He walks out and I lay my head on his shoulder. We walk down the stairs slowly and my head immediately shoots up at the same scent from earlier. It's stronger this time.

"You have to be able to smell that now, Derek." I say as I sniff and he laughs. "I think you're nose is just fucked up." He says and I smack his head.

We get to the landing and everybody turns towards us. We stop and I see Luna Alex trying to cover up her laugh. I smile sheepishly

"Mom, we got it." I hear a familiar voice say and turn to the door. My eyes widen at what my wolf, Aria, was screaming in my head.

"Mate!"

****************************
Wasss gooooood homies.

Hope y'all enjoyed.

So as some of y'all(like 2 people) know, I'm Namibian.

Where are y'all from?

Vote*
Comment*
Share*
(Unedited)