Parmigiana

"Put on something funky!", Harry yells from my room, as I yell a quick okay back.

I had just picked him up from the airport, and the entire way here he just kept complaining about his suitcases, over and over, groaning about the amount of stuff Ally had him bring over for her.
We just got home, where Normani and Billie were waiting for us with little Grace; I'm on babysit duty once again. But I'm gonna tell you, it doesn't upset me that much anymore, I'm starting to take a certain liking to baby Gracie.

Normani said her hellos, reuniting with Harry; she won't stop asking him about when Ally is coming back, she questions him about it over and over, as if it would change his answer from 'I don't know' to an actual answer.
Billie finally met Harry, after a year of just hearing a lot about him. She moved in with Normani and I a couple months after Harry and Ally moved to Hamburg.

Right now, Harry was stuffing his baggage into my room as I put on some music.
"Something funky, huh?", I comment, pressing play on my phone.
Old jazz starts playing through the speakers and I start moving around to the rhythm, on my own, in the kitchen; I believe this is from Ella Fitzgerald's last disc.
I hear a loud laugh, coming from Normani in the living room, before Harry walks into the kitchen and eyes me, blankly.

"Are you aware of how old you are?", he asks me, while I twirl around the room.
"Yes, I believe. Yes."
"Oh, so you know you're not 73", he mocks me.
I frown at him, "What's with the aggressive sarcasm?"

He shakes his head, before taking my phone from my hands and putting some happy music on.
The both of us move to the living room, where the glittery scenario is set up, and Billie and Normani dress Gracie and Cora. We're making a thematic photoshoot.

Billie is struggling to put on little Grace's retro dress on while Normani ties Cora's colorful bow tie. Harry sits down on the floor, starting to set up the lights all around, as I let myself fall on the couch, before turning to Normani.

"Oh, can I", I start, pleadingly, "Can I fold the pocket square?"
"Yeah", Mani mumbles before handing me the handkerchief.

As I start focusing on it, my phone starts ringing. I shuffle a bit, before answering it and placing it in between my shoulder and my ear; it was an unknown number.
"Hello?"

"Ah, hey, Y/N, it's Camila", I hear through the phone.
"Oh, Camila", I quickly get up, focusing on the call, "Hi."

Normani looks at me, surprised, before trying to say into the phone, "Oh, hey, Camila!", as I walk away from them, leaning against the entrance's door frame.

Camila and I used to date, she was my first girlfriend.
Right after Harry broke up with me, because I was gay apparently, I met Camila. It happened on the day before mom's last attempted suicide, as I was visiting Normani at her work place; they used to work at the same office.

I didn't have much dating experience, since I had been with Harry since he transferred from England to our middle school. But somehow, I ended up awkwardly asking Camila over for dinner that day.
I don't know how it happened, but Camila and I ended up hooking up that same night. I guess the gay idea was still floating through my brain since Harry had broken up with me on that morning. Also Camila was too pretty and charismatic, that kinda forced me to come to terms with it.

We ended up dating for a while, she would comfort me and help me through the whole situation with my mom and my parents' divorce, which was very recent at that time.
A short period after that I broke up with her, even though we got back together soon after that, and then she broke up with me.
The last time I saw her I believe was on the day of my aunt Peg's funeral, which happened to occur on my 20th birthday; Camila gave me a cuckoo clock.