Hisayo

Halo Twenty-Three: Hisayo:

Two diaries have returned. One of schoolgirl innocence of love. The other the love of a housewife. Both led to the downfall of the woman.

-Project Angel-

Junko looked up from her desk.

"Yui, Kawaguchi," she said. "Come here." Her interns walked up to their boss. She held out her hand.

"Do you have your lists of who you want to enter into the Angel Project?" the nurse asked. The interns wordlessly handed in their lists.

"Thank you," Junko said. She read over the lists. The interns stood silent. Their boss looked up.

"Very good," she said. Junko turned to Yui. "Are you ready to go open the gate?"

"Yes," Yui said, nodding.

"That's good," the nurse said. She turned to her laptop and typed up the names.

"Sensei," Yui said.

"Hm?" Junko asked.

"What happens now?" the intern asked.

"What do you mean?" her boss asked. Yui turned to Kawaguchi. His face didn't change.

"After the gate opens, what do we do?" he asked. Junko paused with her typing. She turned with a wide grin on her face.

"Sit back and watch," the nurse said. "We just need to keep making and studying the angels." The interns looked at her with no emotion on their faces. Junko turned back to her laptop and resumed typing.

The whole time, angels howled before them.

-Noriko and Michiko-

"Do I know him?" Noriko asked.

"Yes," Michiko said.

"Do I know you?"

"Yes." Michiko kept her gaze on the teenaged girl. They've done this before. She braced herself for what was coming next.

"Your diary," the young girl said. "Have they sent it to you?" Michiko bit down on her lower lip. Maybe it was in vain, but part of her hoped that the answer would be no. But deep down she knew. It was going to be too late to turn back now.

"Yes," Noriko said in a low voice. Michiko's stomach dropped as the stoic look on her face betrayed what she was really feeling.

"How much do you remember?" she asked.

"I don't know," Noriko said.

"We're you married?"

"I don't know."

"Do you remember the countryside?"

"I don't know."

"What about your family?"

"I had a mom and a dad."

"What are their names?"

"I don't know."

"Where were they born?"

"I don't know." Next came the question that would be a total gut punch. Michiko braced herself. She took in a deep breath.

"Do you remember your son?" she asked. Noriko froze.

"My... son...?" she asked. Her eyes welled up with tears. "My... son..." Noriko started to tremble. Michiko's heart sank.

"Oh Noriko," she said. The girl fell to her knees as the tears wouldn't stop flowing. Michiko bit her lower lip.

"Okay, listen to me," she said. She walked over and grabbed the girl by the wrists. Michiko lifted her head. Noriko stared at her with big eyes.