Chapter five

Once Alice had told FP to just tell Gladys he was getting a divorced, he knew what he had to do.

FP grabbed the biggest bouquet of flowers he could from the shop, tracked down what school she was currently teaching at and headed there to explain himself.

He found himself standing in the hallway, amongst a lot of kids looking for the beautiful tall brunette. He suddenly spots her walking towards him with a student.

Their eyes meet and her face immediately turns into a frown before she tell her student goodbye and quickly walks the other way.

"Gladys, Gladys. Wait, wait, wait." He whispers chasing after her.

"I told you that I never wanted to see you again!" She tells him lowly, trying not to make a scene.

"I just wanted to explain this all to you." He tells her.

"Well let me explain something to you." She sassily tells him grabbing the flowers and dumping them into the nearest trash can.

All the kids ouuu and laugh as they see the man struggle to talk to Gladys. She sees all of the kid's eyes on her and swiftly pushes FP into an empty classroom to finish their conversation.

"I don't date married men FP. My father cheated on my mother when I wasn't younger, and I will not be the other woman!" She raises her voice slightly.

"Listen Gladys, I am married, but it is a terrible marriage. She doesn't even speak to me anymore." He tells her calmly which only made her angrier.

"FP, that's what all married men say. If it's so bad, why don't you just divorce the woman!" She crosses her arms.

"I am." He tells her and her face softens.

"You are?"

"Yes! It's over with her and I." He cheerily tells her.

"Oh my god, I can't believe this. I destroyed a marriage! I feel like I'm going to be sick." She states as she starts to pace around the room.

"No, no, no, it wasn't because of you! I filed a long long long time ago. We're going to sign the papers in a couple of days, and it's like she's dead to me." He places his hands on her shoulders to calm her down.

"What's her name?" She questions.

"Mrs. Jones." She gives him a stern look.

"Oh, you mean her first name? Her first name, well it isssssss- Hermie. Her first name is Hermione but, everyone calls her Hermie." He says as calm as he can, and luckily she didn't catch on.

"Her name is Hermie?" She raises an eyebrow.

"Isn't that a shitty name?" He chuckles remembering the conversation he had with Alice.

"But we are splitting up. I actually caught her cheating on me with another guy." He tells her sitting down on a chair.

"There's another man?" She asks him.

"There is another guy yes... Fred." He tells her quickly.

"Fred?"

"Fred... Andrews. Yep." He says again with a nod.

The name popped into his head as he remembered Alice telling him how badly her daughter wanted to go and take an acting class from the famous Fred Andrews, but couldn't afford it.

"Fp, guys always say that they are going to leave their wives, yet they never do!" She sighs and crosses her arms once more.

"I'm telling you Gladys, she's happy with this Fred guy, good for her. Now I want to be happy, and the only way I can be happy, is if I'm with you." He states hoping she understood.

"Okay..." she says after a deep breath.

"Okay?"

"I just need to hear it from her." She tells him.

"How about if she texts you, would that be good?" He asks her nervously and she shakes her head no.

"I need to meet her." She states and places her hands on her hips.

He pokes his cheek with his tongue and decides what to do. He didn't actually have a wife, and he wasn't actually getting divorce. How was he going to pull this off?

He knew he wanted to be with Gladys though, and couldn't risk it again after all the effort he put into his story.

He shakes his head before meeting her eyes.

"Alright, lets do it."