The End of Us

When he can make out where he is again, he is on an island in a mangrove forest.

A slender lamp post shines in the centre, everything is in crimson color.

"The world was saved, and so is your soul. Why do you still seek out to us?" He sees the Arcana who's form is a humanize raven.

He doesn't know how he gets here, but it's not hard to guess. Asra...

"Asra... that son of bitch! What had he done...." Julian kneels in front of Hanged Man, punching the floor in frustration.

"I've never had them ... I was so careful, so afraid of hurting them... If I knew he'd do such thing, I should have took them when I can!...." he trembles on the ground for a moment, as frenzy glints in his eyes.

When he sits back up, the anger is gone. He looks lost, and washed up.

"There was a time, when I just wanted them to be happy. They laugh.... and it makes my whole day bright..." He gaze into the sky. His eyes out of focus, voice so inaudible.

"When did everything becomes so twisted? The world had gone mad without them.... second chance..." he humphs sarcastically as he thought of their conversation in the palace. He did not sense the darkness in Asra, and was naive to think they'd have a second chance.

"I've lost my chance since the day I left!" He barks out maniac laughters to the crimson sky. It's a mocking to himself.

"What you wish for, requires a dire price." Hanged Man shakes his head.

"There's nothing left for me." Julian doesn't care what the price might be. He wishes to go back, before all the tragedy happens.

"I cannot grant you the deal, but I can point you a path. Remember, never look back." He swings his arm, and a path shows up on the other side of the island.

"Seek out the Fool. They alone, can bring you to the World, where you may make the deal." Hanged Man sighs, disapproving Julian's decision.

...

I've been standing on this cliff, gazing into the eternal dawn for uncertain amount of time. I sense someone coming up the cliff. I was surprised.

Unlike Hanged Man and Hierophant, I don't try to push my visitors away. But I'm also not Death or Magician, who craves to learn more about human.

When the human walks up to me with widen eyes, I wait. Wait for them to speak their purpose of this visit.

"MC..." when he finally opens his mouth, he said a name that's not mine.

"Is that what I look like in your eyes."  I tilt my head, studying him. Scout seems agitated, wagging their tail next to me.

"I never thought I'd see you again... I'm sorry. For everything." He approaches, and reaches a hand out to me uncertainly. Tears shine in his eyes, happiness and bitterness exists at the same time.

I know what he wants to do, but I don't mind. His hands stop, and tremble slightly before touching my face. And then, he cradles my face in his hands.

I close my eyes. I know, this body used to vessel a lost soul. But he must understand...

"I am not the one you called MC. I am the Fool." When I open my eyes again, I state simply. The human looks at me, confused. He takes back his hand, gazing at me for an answer.