4.The Sorting Ceremony

The train ride had been smooth and the sun had long since been replaced by the night sky. The train came to suddenly stop, we had arrived at Hogwarts. I saw Hagrid and smiled up at him. He smiled back at me and then shouted. ''Firs' years com' with meh! C' mon gather round!''

Harry ran up and hugged the big ruff looking, man. Ron was amazed at Hagrids size, he just looked at him with a strange look on his face.

Hagrid then took us to the Hogwarts boat yard. I was trying to pretend that I was amazed by the massive castle before me, but that was quite hard because I have seen it a thousand times. The only thing that I was excited about was the Sorting Ceremony.

We were waiting in the corridor for professor McGonagall to come back for us when Draco came out of the sea of students. He stood in front of Harry and said. ''So it's true what they say on the train. Harry Potter has come to Hogwarts!'' The strange whispers were spreading among students.

Draco stopped for a second with a smirk on his face. "This is Crabbe and Goyle, and I am Malfoy. Draco Malfoy," He said.

On that Ron groaned. ''Think my name sounds funny, do you? I don't have to ask for yours. Red hair and hand me down robes you must be a Weasley!'' Ron was seriously embarrassed. The look on Malfoys' face was horrific. I can't believe he just done that. What is he trying to accomplish?

''You will soon find out that some wizarding families are better than others. You don't want to be going around with the wrong sort.'' He sneered at Ron. 

''I can help you with that.'' He said still smirking and then he offered a hand waiting for Harry to shake it.

''I think I can tell the wrong sort for myself thanks,"  Harry said rejecting Draco's outstretched hand. 

It looked like Draco wanted to say something else but professor McGonagall smacked him on his head with a roll of parchment. 

''Follow me!'' She said as she started walking to the Great Hall.

The familiar sensation spread through my body when we entered. The Great Hall was now in its full glory. For a moment it looked different than the hall where I had spent most of my summer.

Ron was speaking with Harry about houses, and I pretended that I didn't listen in to their conversation.

Ron said something about Slytherin being evil and that there isn't one bad witch or wizard alive that wasn't been in Slytherin. What? How dare he? My father was in that house, and he wasn't evil at all! 

''Not all of them was bad!'' I said without thinking. Ron looked at me like I had just single-handedly murdered his entire family.

''Of course, they are, I mean you-know-who was in that house.'' He said with mixed emotions, half anger half fear.

''So what? Do you want to say that I would be evil if they put me in Slytherin?'' I looked at him with a look of pure anger in my eyes. 

''You won't be in Slytherin, you don't have what it takes to be in that house!'' He said as if it was the most obvious thing in the world.

''Then you don't know me at all!'' I said and walked away. I quickly found Draco and stood beside him.

''Why aren't you with your blood traitor friends?'' He looked angry with a hint of disappointment. 

''Because they are not my friends." I spat that word out, coated in venom. He didn't say anything he just looked at me with an amazed expression on his pale face.

After a few seconds professor, McGonagall started speaking again. 

"When I call your name, you will put on the hat and sit on the stool to be sorted into your houses!"