Seeing Stars

"All that I heard from those Azur Lane ships while we were fighting was a distress call to retreat." Friedrich says. "And then they chickened out."

"Might have had something to do with me." The commander chuckles. "I managed to cripple the grey ghost herself, put a giant hole in her carrier strip."

"I can't even think of where to begin, that was insanely powerful!" Bismarck says.

"You weren't kidding about this being a secret weapon." Takao chuckles, looking over the commander's rigging. "This was what crippled Enterprise."

"Wait, THAT crippled her?!" Akagi asks in disbelief.

"I got something extra when I was being developed." Roon replies. "Apparently my eye has a camera function that can replay various events for battle analysis. All I need is a dark room and I can literally project the battle I fought in for you guys. Need proof? Follow me."

"Are you sure she's not kidding around with us?" Kaga asks the commander, and he shakes his head in response as the Crimson Axis gathers up in a dark room and Roon projects the battle onto one of the walls. It shows her ambushing Enterprise, falling back as other ships begin to mobilize and the commander kicking the grey ghost's butt, lasers and all.

"Mein gott..." Tirpitz, Scharnhorst and Gneisenau say simultaneously as they watch their commander fire his lasers.

"I don't know how they managed to pack that much firepower into this rigging but it WORKS!" The commander chuckles. "That'll shake up the Azur Lane! Any ideas on where to move next?"

"No idea as of now." Takao replies. "We have shaken them up quite a deal."

"It's okay to take a little break from war every now and then." Atago says. "That is, until they decide to attack again. We'll be ready."

"We're all in one place, so I guess that works out." Z23 says. "I've always wanted to get an experience of the Sakura Empire culture."

"Well now's your chance." Akagi giggles. "I would definitely love to give your mighty commander here a, personal tour." She adds, and the commander notices a strange look in her eyes.

"Ah, I'll have to decline." The commander chuckles awkwardly. "I think I'll just stick by Bismarck."

"Oh? Okay." Bismarck replies, surprised by getting dragged into the conversation. The commander and Bismarck are the first to leave the conference room and the others slowly follow suit, and when the commander and the leader are alone, the commander takes one last look around to make sure nobody is spying on them.

"Hey Bismarck... About Akagi..." The commander begins. "Don't you think she's... Maybe..."

"What do you mean?" Bismack asks, cocking her head to one side.

"Don't you think she's the least bit off the handle?" The commander asks. "She had a weird look in her eyes as she was saying that..."

"I didn't notice anything." Bismarck replies. "I was too busy talking with the others, sorry."

"No it's alright, I guess it's just me then." The commander says. "Anyways, it's pretty nice out here isn't it?"

"Definitely more appealing than back at home." Bismarck chuckles as Tirpitz approaches them.

"Sister, wanna go check out more of this place? Together?" Tirpitz asks.

"Of course." Bismarck replies.

"I'll leave you two to your own devices." The commander chuckles as the sisters walk off to explore more of the Sakura Empire. He takes a good look around for himself, taking in his new surroundings, and he's too distracted to notice a certain black haired heavy cruiser sneak up on him.

"Ara~ What are you doing out here all alone like this?" Atago asks, slowly and gently approaching the commander from behind and wrapping her arms around him before finally resting her head on his shoulder.

"Oh... Atago, what's up?" The commander asks, surprised.

"Nothing much, but I'm amazed at your power. When did you get this rigging?" Atago asks.

"This was developed alongside two prototype ships, Roon and Friedrich. I'm sure you've made acquaintances with them." The commander replies and Atago nods in response. "Development finished literally a week ago, but our scientists put every ounce of research they could into this. I am one of you after all."

"Right, we wouldn't anything going wrong with this rigging would we?" Atago says as she lets go. "Now come on, forget what Akagi said, let me give you a tour around our home."

"All right..." The commander replies.