||Chapter 4 ||

Robert

It was a Saturday. My cousins were bound to arrive any moment from now. I was only thrilled because Jake was coming too. He was a year younger than me but he was like the brother I never had. I was well prepared for his stay.

Another thing that thrilled me was the fact there were no wierd shadows or any absurd wind blowing from closed windows. I insulted myself for thinking so much like a child when it was probably my imagination.

Honk Honk! The sound of a car horn. My cousins were here! I heard Tracy squeal in excitement as she had already reached the door, making her way out.

I stood outside, watching my aunt drive in. When she parked, my cousins hastily hopped out. The girls moving towards Tracy and Jake towards me. My grin was stuck to my face.

"Yo!" he greeted me with a fist bump and I helped him with his bags up to my room.

"Hey Aunty Rachel!" I yelled half-way through the flight of stairs.

"Hello baby! Whats up?" she responded.

"The sky." I replied with our usual dumb joke.

"Wrong. The ceiling." she said. I couldn't respond cause I was now in my room with Jake.

Jake began talking immediately about how cool my house was except for the outside which looked quite old. He was right.

"How about a game?" Jake posed the question to me in a challenging manner. I winked and we immediately began arguing about the game to play.

With Jake, I was never bored.

Tracy

"Oh my gosh! I love your room. It has some style." Abigail complimented making Annabel roll her eyeballs.

"Oh please! Its just a room. Lets start unpacking already." Anna said.

I helped them remove their things and put them in their right places. That took some time. After which we went downstairs.

My aunt was helping my mum with choosing a style for furnishing the kitchen. "I brought some junk food for you kids." my aunt announced.

My brother and cousin who were already downstairs, pumped their fists in the air and immediately rushed to the refridgerator.

After finding something more decent to eat, we settled in for a movie on Annabel's laptop.

The movie took an hour and forty-five minutes by which time Abi was sleeping. She complained about the movie being boring until she dozed off.

When we went downstairs, my aunt was just about leaving. She went upstairs to kiss her sleeping daughter good bye and tell Jake she was leaving. She pecked Anna and left.

Anna and I went back to our room to talk. From what she said, Abi had a new boyfriend. I listened intently as we talked about typical girl stuff.

Later at night, when we had all taken a shower, we lay peacefully on the bed chatting about random things. The twins lay on their stomachs whilst I was on my back, resting my head on my hands behind me, in the middle.

I saw a shadow up on the wall. The figure was of a person in a long dress cause I couldn't see the outlines the legs. I gasped aloud, making the twins whip their heads in my direction.

"Why what's wrong?" Anna asked. I shook my head slightly and diverted my gaze elsewhere.

"Nothing. I just remembered something." I lied smoothly.

"Mind sharing?" Abi asked inquisitively.

"Don't be a gossip Abi." Anna retorted. I sighed deeply and was grateful that it ended there.

Slowly, sleep overtook my body as my eyes grew so heavy for me to open. I fell asleep having the most wierdest dream ever.

I was alone in my house everyone had disappeared but I could here Robert's faint cries.

I was so frightened and confused. It was like one moment everyone was laughing and joking around the next, everyone was gone.

My aunt sat in a corner with her legs drawn close to her body with her arms hugging them tighter. Her face was buried in her thighs and it was then that I felt my face was also wet- from tears. I didn't even know why I was crying!

Short but please let me know what your thoughts are. Don't forget the votes lovely people. :)

..Xo