1 1/2- hard to keep control"

backstory time! a song chapter explaining how anthony/martin. got to louisiana. the song lyrics (in italics) used in this chapter is called 'martin' by soft cell. martin is also the canonical name that vivziepop used to use for human angeldust. but in this case, it will be his mafia name. his real name is still anthony. also in this au his last name will be d'angelo.
anyway, here we go!
-sporkie

"martin is a boy with problems
martin has a family history"

anthony d'angelo was born into a job he despised. yet it was all he had known.

the lifeless corpses staring into his soul as he put them to rest... the furious look on his father's face if he had refused to work that day... it was too much.

and yet he was always a disappointment.

in fact— he was kicked out after refusing to work anymore, like that was the only reason for his birth.

the day he turned 22, he was kicked out of his family's new york apartment to no tears. angelo couldn't deny, he was glad to be away.

he spent a year on his own, sleeping in the dangerous streets of louisiana.

"hello there, my effeminate fellow." a voice called out to angelo on one cold night.

angelo looked shocked. he hardly had enough money to keep himself alive, and often had to prositute himself. he dressed so feminine that it was rare to be seen as a boy, let alone be talked to.

"hello." angelo replies, a bit taken aback. he doesn't look up at the voice.

"what are you doing out in this weather?"

"i sleep here every day. i have no home."
angelo said, still staring at the ground.

"why don't you come home with me?"

angelo ooked up to see a tall, dark-skinned boy with perfect hair and a gorgeous smile. he seemed to be around his age, perhaps a year or two older. angelo had known he was homosexual for a long time now, but this boy was something else.

"you know what, okay." angelo decided, grabbing what few belongings he had and following the stranger.

"so what's your name?"

angelo thought deeply for a moment. "anthony. my name is anthony."

"last name?"

"d'angelo."

"do you have a family?"

"no." anthony said coldly. "i don't have a family."

"well...its a pleasure to meet you, anthony. i'm alastor leblanc."

anthony blushed. this boy seemed so cute and perfect.

spoiler alert: he wasn't.

anthony soon figured out that alastor was a murderous cannibal. anthony was relatively calm about this. he could almost assume by the ..suggestive.. ;) ways that alastor would look at him, that he was not going to be eaten.

they had clicked almost immediately. alastor didn't have a guest bedroom, so they ended up sleeping in the same bed once they had begun dating.

anthony loved living with alastor. though he was psychotic, he was the only person who had ever loved him. anthony was quick to fall— vulnerable even. he trusted alastor with his whole heart. alastor loved him as well— promising never to hurt him and never to let anyone hurt him. and he trusted that. alastor even called anthony "mon ange." , meaning 'my angel' in french.

and he was.

alastor would act as his guardian— never letting anthony face harm.

this was a promise.

and anthony trusted him.

"he lives out a strange obsession
tries hard to resist
but martin needs his strange obsession
to exist"

"he lives out a strange obsessiontries hard to resistbut martin needs his strange obsessionto exist"