4- "eyeliner and cigarettes"

a/n:
heyo!! so, since last night's hunicast confirmed human angeldust's first name, i have revised the whole story and changed his name to the canon one, anthony. the last name i will use for him is d'angelo. i also edited a few chapters bc i did not proofread :/
also, if you have instagram, check me out @tomtrench_human!
also, ik this isn't the best writing or pacing. it's my first full length story, so bear with me.
love y'all platonically ofc and thanks for reading! voting and commenting helps a lot!
-sporkie

"that was good for a whore." anthony's client for tonight began, as he caught his breath, "now bend over for me and i'll give you an extra $5..."

anthony rolled his eyes. "fine, but you owe me a light."

"whatever, slut."

anthony snickered. the guy couldn't even come up with a creative name. yet, he did as he was told. he needed the money.

the man slapped anthony's rear, causing a wince from the freckled blonde.

"here." the client said, handing anthony the five dollars he promised, a lighted cigarette, plus the additional cost of his 'services.'

anthony practically left as soon as he got his money. he ran home in the darkness of the late night, face as emotionless as could be.

"anthony! where were you, sha?"

"i was at work. some guy hired me very late, and since i didn't work yesterday, val made me accept his request."

"anthony.." alastor said, disappointed at the way anthony's boss treated him. "you don't need to listen to him..."

"yes i do!!! if i disobey him, i'm jobless! i have to provide for you and i, al."

"ange..."

"don't 'ange' me.. you know it's true." anthony said, sighing as he sunk into his and alastors' bed. he found a small, harmless spider sitting on the bedside table and picked it up carefully, being sure not to crush it.

alastor knew anthony was a bit delicate today, so he softly sat next to him.

"what do you have, anthony?"

"it's a spider. he's too small to cause harm." anthony said, without looking away from the small arachnid.

"you're so cute with spiders." alastor said, leaning against anthony's shoulder as he let the spider crawl on him.

"i like spiders." anthony began, "i wish i was a spider."

"why do you wish that?" anthony asked curiously.

"people don't mess with spiders. even if they're small, they're feared." anthony said, looking at the small arachnid. "i don't fear them. i know them for what they are."

anthony sat the spider down on the window sill, before opening the window and setting it free. as he stepped up to the window, alastor noticed a few bloody scars at anthony's neck.

alastor looked anthony in the eyes, a serious, concerned look on his face.

"what is that, mon ange?"

"i-it's nothing.." anthony said, covering up the wounds.

"anthony, please."

"it's just something one of my clients did... it's fine.." anthony said, nervously.

"please let me see."

anthony unbuttoned the top buttons of his coat to reveal his neck, which had multiple bloody scars. alastor was speechless.

"i can't understand why anyone would do this."

"i'm a prostitute. anyone can do anything they want to me and i have to deal with it."

"you're human, mon ange. you don't deserve this." alastor said, reaching out to softly touch the wounds.

"it's okay, alastor. i'm fine." anthony said, wincing a bit.

"i'm going to clean these out. come with me." alastor said, walking with his boyfriend to their bathtub. he sat anthony down, grabbing a rag and dousing it in water. he pressed it against the wounds, causing anthony to let out a soft cry.

"i know it hurts, mon ange. but i don't want anything worse to happen."

next, alastor put soap on the wounds, which made anthony tear up at the pain.

"i'm sorry mon ange. i don't want to hurt you."

"i know. it just stings."

"i know, sha. i know. it's okay..."

"alastor?"

"yes?"

"are we done yet?"

"almost.." alastor said, before finishing cleansing the last of his wounds. he took the rag off anthony's skin before kissing his forehead. alastor, then washed the rag and sat it on a clothes line to dry.

when he came back inside, anthony was sitting in his bed, holding his pillow. alastor sat next to him.

"has it stopped stinging?"

anthony shook his head yes, before leaning against alastor.

"it's awfully late, sha. let's get some sleep, hm?" alastor says softly, after kissing anthony's forehead.

"if you insist.." anthony says in a playful voice, before nuzzling into the bed sheets. alastor did the same.

"love you, al."

"i love you too, mon ange."

toujours.