5- "just can't get enough"

anthony returned from his work a bit early one night, and to his surprise, alastor was home.

"alastor—! aren't you supposed to be on the radio?"

"i took the afternoon off."

"what do we do with all of this spare time?"

"i was planning to take you out on the bayou. if, of course, you want to."

"that sounds amazing." anthony smiled warmly. he went to take off his torn and tattered work-clothes and put on a sweet collared and dotted dress. a few minutes past and they were ready to go. of course, they did slip a few weapons in their pockets as well...

alastor took anthony's hand and held it close as they went out.

the sun set as they finally reached the mossy water. alastor and anthony sat down in the thick grass, kissing him softly. anthony blushed, holding the creole/cajun close.

"alastor..?"

"yes, mon ange?"

"do you believe in life after death?"

alastor chuckled. "that's an intense question, anthony. why do you ask?"

"i don't know— i've just been thinking about death a lot recently. we're criminals. if the police find us, it's all over."

"well, i don't know what i believe in anymore. i believe we'll all go places based on our actions."

anthony listened, curiously. "where do you think we'll go, al?"

alastor thought for a moment before he spoke.

"well, i don't think we'll be punished for our sins, but i do believe we'll be reincarnated in the underworld for all we've done."

"hm.. interesting. so you believe in reincarnation?" anthony said, cuddling up to his husband.

alastor smiles warmly. "yes, i do. do you?"

"it depends..." anthony thought for a moment, his eyes widening. "do you think i'll come back as a spider?"

alastor chuckles. "you really love spiders, don't you?"

"i love them..."

"well, i'm not sure if you'll come back as a spider, but it would be swell, wouldn't it?"

"it definitely would be." anthony said, before kissing alastor sweetly.

this was nice, thought anthony. just him and his husband, engaging in normal couple activities with no interruptions. of course, he had to crossdress and pack his clothes in certain spots to get away with it, but he was sure it had all been worth it in the end.

alastor took a cigarette from his pocket, lighting it. anthony sat beside him, admiring the smoke in the moonlight. he passed it over to anthony, letting him have a blow.

this was as intimate as the two could get in public. if they couldn't have normal dates for being the same gender, you could only imagine how impossible dating in public would be for a murderer and his immigrated, drag-dressing and prostituting boyfriend. so here they were, in the dark and mossy forest of the bayou, sharing a smoke and eachother's presence.

"you look beautiful, mon ange. absolutely breathtaking." alastor said, putting the remains of the cigarette in his ashtray.

"oh really—? well you look air-tight with that cigarette.." anthony smirked.

alastor chuckled before he held a hand out to anthony. "care for a dance?"

anthony blushed as he took it, letting alastor spin him, and sit his hand on his hips.

alastor let anthony lean against him as they danced the night away, embracing the intimacy of each other's soft touch.