6. the things we do make the walls shake

by iamleavingthisfandom 

https://archiveofourown.org/works/21548248?view_adult=true

❁❀✿❁❀✿❁❀✿❁❀✿❁❀✿❁❀✿❁❀✿❁❀✿❁❀✿❁

Eddie wasn't moving in just yet. He hadn't shipped anything to LA, even if he was going to and soon. First, he was planning to stay at Richie's place to see if he liked it at all. He was pretty sure he'd love staying with Richie (it was Richie, after all), but whether he liked Richie's current place or LA overall remained to be seen.

When he got past the baggage claim at the airport and saw Richie waiting for him with a sign, though, he knew he wouldn't see much of LA that weekend. They hadn't seen each other in person in a week and, sure, they talked every day and texted even more, but hell, Eddie still missed him the entire time.

He was also dressed in non-garbage clothes again. A blazer over a dark-green T-shirt was way better than his jacket/mustard shirt combo. The blazer highlighted all the right places, namely Richie's arms, making Eddie's mouth water as he watched. At this point, though, he could wear a chicken suit for all Eddie cared, and he'd still want to jump his bones.

About a second after he noticed how absolutely climbable Richie was, he saw the sign he was holding. Well, it wasn't much of a sign, really; it was just a picture of a plate of spaghetti. God help him, this was who he wanted to spend the rest of his life with.

But honestly, he wouldn't have it any other way. So instead of pretending to be annoyed, he rushed towards Richie as fast as he could. No, he didn't care if people stared; he had missed Richie and fuck if he was going to let being in a crowd stop him from kissing the shit out of him.

Upon finally seeing him, Richie grinned widely and opened his arms, Eddie all but running into the hug. A hug was far from all he wanted, though, so he buried his hand in Richie's hair and brought him down into a kiss. He wouldn't take any bullshit quick peck either, so as soon as he could, he all but shoved his tongue down Richie's throat. Richie didn't seem to mind and held him close with his arms around Eddie's waist as the kiss turned dirty. It took them a hot minute to separate.

"Missed you," was all Eddie could say, his mind still reeling from being so close to Richie. He was met with a dopey smile.

"Missed you, too, Eds, so much. But I'm afraid we have an audience," Eddie followed the direction of Richie's nod, and saw a camera pointed at them.

"Shit," he whispered.

"That's what you get for dating a celebrity," Richie didn't seem bothered in the slightest, and that helped Eddie calm down, too. It's not like they had anything to hide, right?

Richie had come out via twitter just after they came back from Derry, posting a picture of a closet and titling it "my worst fear." After a flurry of theories across different social media, he relented and twitted, "to all of you who were trying to figure out if I was saying 'drawers' because of some anti art agenda: no, I'm just gay. and to those who said it was about a nice wardrobe: fuck you." Eddie had rolled his eyes at that, but he was really proud of Richie for coming out and finally getting to be himself.

Of course, they had talked about the possibility of paparazzi catching them and about what to do with PDA, and initially Eddie thought that they should take it slow. He was proud of Richie and he wasn't ashamed of being with him, not at all. But they were at a relatively early stage in their relationship (and a very late one at the same time. Maybe the word 'weird' worked better here), and being the subject of gossip just didn't seem like a good idea.

In the moment, he found that he didn't actually care. In fact, he wanted to let the world know that the one and only Richie "Trashmouth" Tozier was his. Huh. That was new. He would have to look into this newfound possessiveness. And maybe give Richie more hickeys.