V

EPISODE V
TRUST ISSUES

THE MANTIS SPRUNG into hyperspace with an unset course. The sudden jump rattled the ship along with its passengers who toppled onto the floor. The movement made Ezra feel queasy; it has been a while since she has traveled into hyperspace.

There were a few unfamiliar individuals within her presence, and the ginger Jedi was nowhere in sight. Ezra sensed a burning glare upon the back of her head that originated from the eyes of a peculiar Zabrak. In the act of defense, Ezra clutched her saber before drawing her weapon, sending instantaneous daggers toward the woman that stood before her.

The Dathomirian's facial expression hardened at Ezra's actions, which in response, she summoned her magick at the palms of her hands. The two were prepared to strike one another. Although both were curious about the outcome of the match, the integrity of the Mantis could not possibly hold such an iconic battle in the middle of space.

It was a surprise in itself that the Mantis could bear this much tension emitting from two powerful beings in the common room.

Ezra's lightsaber and the Nightsister's magick had alerted the crew upfront. The red-haired Jedi reappeared and took the side of the Zabrak, facing both palms of his hands towards Ezra to reveal that he was unarmed, "Take it easy, we aren't going to hurt you." He claimed.

Ezra's gaze did not advert from her opponent. Cal wasn't even sure himself if she had heard him, so instead, he turned towards his ally. "She saved my life, Merrin. I brought her aboard, or else they would've killed her." Merrin lowered her hands, and the green luminescence slowly faded away. Ezra stood her ground, not moving a muscle.

'Why would Nightsister travel with a Jedi?' Ezra questioned. The Nightsisters were not natural Force wielders like the Jedi or Sith, so her presence was a shock to the newcomer.

"Listen, I know that you can't trust us... I survived on my own like you, until they found me." His eyes pierced hers, and the two former Padawans reflected on the similarities of their past after the purge. Ezra softened her gaze; although she knew that she wouldn't be quick to trust anyone until they posed no threat to her life, he had a point. The crew came to save them both. If the man wanted her dead, he would've left her as a distraction for the Ninth Sister back on Grange. Ezra retracted her lightsaber, unsure of her next move. That's when two other figures emerged from the cockpit. A Lateron, and a human female.

"Cal, whos this?" The other woman said. Her eyes widened at the sight of another Jedi. "Nevermind her. I'm going to need to set course for a planet soon." The Lateron interrupted. He thought that he wouldn't see the day that a Dathomirian would make herself welcome aboard. In his eyes, the Jedi were more trustworthy.

"No," Ezra found herself speaking up, "and put another civilization in danger? I won't allow that."

"And who put you in charge, lady? This is my ship, and you're welcome to get off of it at any time!" the Lateron howled at her. "I think you need a reminder of what happened on Grange because of some careless Jedi!" Ezra pointed at Cal, who was taken aback at the accusation and prepared to join the argument.

"We needed food!" Cal shot back. "And at what cost? Everyone there didn't have to die" Ezra countered, "Their blood is on y-"

"The Empire's hands," the colored woman intervened, "Without us, the Empire would already be hunting down Force-Sensitive children." Ezra rolled here eyes and paced about the ship. 'They cannot be serious.'  "So that's what it's all about? Rebuilding the Jedi Order," Ezra shifted her gaze towards her. The woman parted her lips as if she was going to reply, yet another voice spoke for her.