Chapter 10: Happy Halloween

7 months later................................................................................................

Thursday's POV 

It was Halloween. My favorite holiday. 

"Here we come!" Pugsley said, as we walked down the stairs.

"Pugsley, old man!" Father said. 

"Why look at you." Mother said. Pugsley was dressed as uncle Fester. Wednesday was a homicidal maniac. And I.......

I was dressed as my mother

"And Thursday, sweetheart." Mother said, with tears in her eyes. 

"Do you like it, mother?" I asked. 

"Oh, I love it!" She hugged me. 

"How do you like it?" Pugsley asked uncle Fester. 

"What can I say? He's gonna break hearts!" Uncle Fester said. 

"Trick or Treat." Margret said, coming into the room with cousin Itt. She was Mrs. Tully, but she is now married to cousin Itt. Cousin Itt talked in that language only mother and father can understand. 

"Hello Margret! Cousin Itt, I almost didn't recognize you!" Mother said. 

"Isn't he handsome?" Margret asked. "Everyone keeps asking where he got his costume." 

"It is a wonderful hat." Father said. Cousin Itt spoke gibberish again. 

"What are you, darling?" Margret asked Wednesday. "Where's your costume?"

"This is my costume." Wednesday said. "I'm a homicidal maniac. They look just like everyone else." 

"Thursday, look at you! Give me a twirl!" Margret said. I turned in a circle. "You look so beautiful! You look just like Morticia." Lurch asked Fester and Pugsley if he could paint a picture of them, and they said yes. I was sitting with mother and Fang on the couch, as mother knitted. 

"I'm so glad I can spend this night with my family." Fester said. "Now, that I've got my memory back." 

"Thank God for that lightning." Grandmama said. "Knocked some sense into you." Cousin Itt talk in gibberish again. 

"You remember, old man." Father said. "Dr. Pinder-Schloss really did find Fester tangled in a tuna net 25 years ago. With amnesia." 

"From the Bermuda Triangle." Wednesday said. Cousin Itt spoke gibberish again. 

"How true." Mother said. "Stranger Things have happened." 

"Please, uncle Fester?" Pugsley asked, holding a light bulb. 

"Pugsley." Father warned. 

"For the picture?" Pugsley asked. Fang barked. Fester put the bulb in his mouth, and it lit up. 

"Alright, everybody!" Father said, putting the pumpkin he and Wednesday carved down. "Time for a game! What shall it be? Um, bobbing for apples?" 

"Charades?" Margret asked, as she and cousin Itt stood up. Cousin Itt spoke gibberish again.

"Of course. Wake the dead!" Mother said. 

"Wake the dead!!" Fester said. 

"Wake the dead!" Father said. "Out to the cemetery, come on, everyone!" 

"Uncle Fester, will you be on my team?" Pugsley asked. 

"No mine!" Wednesday said. 

"I'll tell you what, we'll give you a head start. 3 skulls and a pelvis, how's that?" Fester asked. Wednesday and Pugsley ran out. 

"Who's on your team, Thursday?" Mother asked. 

"The same as every year, mother." I replied. "Me and Fang. The dynamic duo." Fang barked. "Come on, Fang!" We ran out, and I grabbed my shovel. I ran over to Aunt Lavina's grave, and I started digging. I finally hit something. "I got something!" 

"Children, look!" Fester said, coming over to me. "Great Aunt Lavina! She was beheaded by her own children!" 

"Yay!" We all yelled. Fester, Pugsley, and Wednesday ran off. I looked down at Fang. He barked at me. I looked at the fourth wall. Yes! You readers! 

"Happy Halloween!" I said, laughing. Fang barked. I smiled.