𝐢𝐢. 𝐚𝐮𝐝𝐢𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐠𝐚𝐛𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐥𝐥𝐚

( 𝘨𝘪𝘧 : 𝘢𝘶𝘨𝘶𝘴𝘵 𝘤𝘰𝘯𝘧𝘳𝘰𝘯𝘵𝘴 𝘳𝘪𝘤𝘬𝘺 )

𝐀𝐔𝐃𝐈𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐅𝐎𝐑 𝐆𝐀𝐁𝐑𝐈𝐄𝐋𝐋𝐀

𝒂𝒍𝒔𝒐 𝒌𝒏𝒐𝒘𝒏 𝒂𝒔 : 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒂𝒖𝒅𝒊𝒕𝒊𝒐𝒏𝒔

𝒑𝒂𝒓𝒕 𝒕𝒘𝒐

August rubbed her hands nervously, trying to drown the excited chatter around her. She sat in one of the plastic hairs, facing the mirror. August frowned. The dark circles under her eyes would not help her score the main role. But she couldn't help her sleepless night. She sat in the backstage room, where the stars of the show normally sat. But for now, it meant a room to wait in as auditions proceeded. 

Gina plopped down in the seat next to her sister, a much more confident smirk on her face. "Ready?"

"No." scoffed August, but smiled anyway. "What about you? What role are you auditioning for?"

"Taylor. I'm pretty sure I'll score the role. Look around, there's hardly any competition." August looked around. She disagreed, the room was filled with different students. Who was to say that she was better than them? "And before you say that there is competition, you need to be a bit more confident. You are crazy talented. I'm your sister, and I can only be honest with you."

The two sisters' conversation was interrupted by a sharp knock on the door. Everyone turned to stare at Miss Jenn, who clapped excitedly. "Let's get this show on the road!"

∎ ∎ ∎ ∎ ∎ ∎ ∎ ∎ ∎ ∎ ∎ ∎ ∎ ∎ ∎ ∎ ∎ ∎ ∎ ∎ ∎ ∎ ∎ ∎ ∎ ∎ ∎ ∎

𝑮𝑰𝑵𝑨, 𝑳𝑶𝑶𝑲𝑰𝑵𝑮 𝑨𝑻 𝑪𝑨𝑴𝑬𝑹𝑨: I get that my sister is nervous. Doesn't help she has to audition in front of some of Ricky's friends. But I know she'll amaze everyone. That's just who she is. 

∎ ∎ ∎ ∎ ∎ ∎ ∎ ∎ ∎ ∎ ∎ ∎ ∎ ∎ ∎ ∎ ∎ ∎ ∎ ∎ ∎ ∎ ∎ ∎ ∎ ∎ ∎ ∎

Everyone was handed some numbers to stick on their shirts. August got number 4, and Gina number 1. Miss Jenn and Carlos insisted that the first group started with a warm up, which included picking up a dance sequence. August picked it up fairly quickly, but it was fair to say that out of the Porter sisters, Gina was the more talented dancer. With her sharp movements and flexibility, that left August with the more talented vocals.