𝐢𝐯. 𝐢𝐭'𝐬 𝐰𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐮𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐛𝐫𝐢𝐝𝐠𝐞

( 𝘨𝘪𝘧: 𝘳𝘪𝘤𝘬𝘺 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘢𝘶𝘨𝘶𝘴𝘵 𝘢𝘳𝘨𝘶𝘦 )

𝐈𝐓'𝐒 𝐖𝐀𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐔𝐍𝐃𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐁𝐑𝐈𝐃𝐆𝐄

𝒂𝒍𝒔𝒐 𝒌𝒏𝒐𝒘𝒏 𝒂𝒔 : 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒓𝒆𝒂𝒅-𝒕𝒉𝒓𝒐𝒖𝒈𝒉 

𝒑𝒂𝒓𝒕 𝒕𝒘𝒐

It was the second day of official rehearsals, and the cast was supposed to rehearse the final dance. Ricky was cynical of having to dance after the curtain call, which no one seemed to question but him. August rolled her eyes as Carlos explained it to him. That was the point of a musical, to dance. What did Ricky not understand?

Miss Jenn had put Carlos in charge, which seemed to stress him out, and Ricky's constant questions weren't helping. 

"Why are we starting with the bows, if we haven't even practised the play yet?" 

Carlos sighed, clapping his hands together. "Because it's the hardest dance, and it will take the longest to learn. Now, let's start right before Troy and Gabriella enter for the vows." Everyone got into their starting positions, and Seb started to play the piano. 

Bodies swung around in sync as legs were kicked high. Soon enough, August and Ricky started to dance, and while August's moves hit the beat sharp and on point, Ricky couldn't seem to remember the dance moves, so he's moves were sloppy as he tried to follow August. Carlos tutted, making Seb stop playing as he approached the couple.

"I'm sorry." Ricky muttered, running a hand through his curls frustratedly. 

"It's fine. With a bit of practice he'll be good." August sighed, talking to Carlos. 

Ricky raised an eyebrow. "Thanks?"

"Don't thank me. This is what's best for the production. But it's not why you're here, is it?" Ricky frowned, not liking her tone. The pent up anger the two teenagers had was starting to spill out the longer they spent in each other's presence. The fact that everything seemed to be going against Ricky frustrated him, and the feeling that every small thing he did was being scrutinized didn't make him feel any better. And August just wanted to enjoy rehersals; this was supposed to be such a great time, but being there with Ricky didn't help.