1.3 | The Mystery of the boy with blue eyes. (First Part)

Episode 01

The old wooden floor creaked slowly under the massive steps. A small boy hid inside his blanket, praying for the nightmare to pass by. The window made a rattling sound when the wind flew past by, startling him. He was shivering, but he did not come out of the blanket. The door made a wailing sound as the mysterious shadow slowly opened the door. The other boys were fast asleep, but he could not sleep. Every night he felt this nightmare coming towards him. He breathed heavily under his blanket and waited for the nightmare to pass by. The wooden floor creaked slowly under the heavy footsteps of the stranger. He could hear the faint snoring of the boy above his bed. I should have taken the upper bed while I had the chance. The heavy breathing continued. Suddenly there was a huge flash in the sky as he could see a dark shadow moving in the room. The window beside his bed opened due to heavy winds and rains started to drizzle inside. The lightning and thundering kept on coming one after another as the winds kept on hitting the windowpanes heavily.

The shadow moved around the room as the boy kept on looking at the shadow. Suddenly, the shadow turned around. He gasped in fear and closed his eyes. He knew it's all over. He kept on praying and kept his eyes closed. When he opened his eyes, he could see the bright rays of the sun falling inside the room. Everything looked normal. He got up from the bed and looked around. Everybody was still asleep. It was still early morning and being a Sunday, and no one had gotten up early. Previous night they all watched a good horror movie. Maybe I was having a nightmare. Saying it as he started to move towards his bed, he was shocked to find out the upper bed was empty. He ran towards the bed. He may have risen early for exercise, but the mattress did not look like someone has got up and left for exercise. The sheets looked like someone got dragged away from it. It was ruffled, and the pillow was thrown on the side. The most important thing was the boy's specs were still lying next to the bed on the book he was reading.

He ran downstairs to inform about it. As he reached downstairs, he was shocked at seeing it. The entire living room was in a mess. There was no one in the room. He ran towards the kitchen. It was clean and tidy, but still, he could not see anyone. 'May... May, where are you?' There was no answer. He ran towards the room adjacent to the kitchen, which was a big hall. It had sofas lying in the corner. A fireplace still burning from the last night's fire. The TV cabinet was on the opposite side of the fireplace. The place looked tidy. 'Rameez...Rameez.' Still no answer. Now he panicked and ran to the other rooms calling other names. 'Rajesh... Rameez... May... Gopal.' No one answered. He ran upstairs to his room to wake everyone up.

All the other boys were still sleeping. He started waking up everyone. All were still reeling under the influence of sleep when he announced, 'Raghu is missing, and so are May, Rameez, Rajesh and Gopal.'

'They must have gone out for some work and Raghu must be outside playing.' A boy said, rubbing his eyes.

'I checked everywhere. There is no sign of anyone. We have to call the police.' He was almost in tears saying it.

The eldest of them all calmed him and assured everyone that everything is all right, and he will personally check and inform the authorities. He went downstairs, leaving all the boys in the room. Rakesh roamed around the house. The house was silent. The entire house was in a mess raising his suspicion that something might have happened over here. There was no sound around. He went to the back of the house and found out that it was empty. Last day's laundry clothes were kept hanging on the wire for drying. The entire area looked deserted. Some junk items were lying on one corner of the boundary. Buckets were still lying near the well. The plants were not watered yet. Something wrong had happened here. As he ran towards the entrance door and was about to open it, he felt someone was standing at his back. As he turned around, suddenly he was hit by a sharp blow, and he fell unconscious on the floor.