1.4 | The Mystery of House 2B (Part I)

Episode 01

The sun was shining brightly as the rays were flooding the living room. The living room was adjoining to the balcony and these two portions were Abhay's favourite. He stood near the kitchen and looked at the sunlight-filled room with happiness. He loved this house. There were many memories in this house, but with time things must move on. Abhay had decided to move to a new house. Even though he fell in love with the new house the first time he saw it, but still his lingering memories with his old house continued. The phone rang.

'Have the packers arrived?' asked Vipul.

'No, they would come around eleven. I am waiting for them. I would update you once I start from here.' informed Abhay.

They had a brief conversation when the bell rang. When he opened the door, his neighbours wished him farewell. They exchanged pleasantries. After a while, the packers arrived, and all the things were loaded in the truck. Abhay stood and checked as all the goods were loaded properly. He locked the house, gave the keys to his neighbour, bid them farewell and came downstairs. The truck left with all his luggage while he followed them in his car.

He arrived at the building. It was a newly built tower. The gates shone like it was melted from gold. Guards stood outside the gate doing all the entries and checking the vehicles before allowing them to enter. Abhay waited for his turn, informed the guards, and went inside. There are three towers on the premises. Abhay had moved in the second tower. Each building had nine floors, and each floor has three houses. Abhay's house was on the second floor. As he stood in front of the tower and looked around, a strange vibe hit him. He looked at the left side. He felt as if someone was looking at him. He rejected the feeling as he was getting too much involved in all these kinds of stuff he has stopped thinking normally or maybe thinking about that is normal for him.

The apartment was newly constructed. So, very few people have moved into the building. The second tower almost wore a deserted look. The guard stood and saluted him when Abhay moved in. He gave a smile and informed the guard about his shifting. His floor had only one occupant. An old couple stayed in the house. As soon as Abhay came out of the house, the old man was standing near the lift.

'Hello uncle, I am Abhay. I am shifting to 2B.' Abhay informed the old man.

He smiled and said, 'Welcome son. I hope you have a memorable stay. If you need anything, do not hesitate to ask for help. We stay in 2C.'

With it, they exchanged pleasantries and went on their way. Abhay opened the door. The packer's guys started bringing the goods one after another and in a couple of hours they brought all the goods up to his new abode. Vipul was already unpacking things while Abhay moved around the house.

'Abhay, come on, help me out. I am not going to do all of it myself.' shouted Vipul.

'Hang on, Vipul. I am coming. Let me check the rooms first.' said Abhay.

He moved all the rooms. The smell of fresh paint filled the entire house. The white paint reflected the light, making all the rooms look brighter. Finally, he came near the living room and looked towards the balcony. A smile spread across his face. The prime reason for him selecting this house was his lingering love for a balcony and a living room filled with light. The living room was well lit, and the balcony was spacious. Both started unpacking the goods and started arranging them. The sun was slowly setting, and darkness slowly took over the sky. Vipul bid farewell to Abhay after dinner.

Abhay sat relaxed in his living room. He looked at the moon which was glowing, and the cool rays of the moon filled his balcony. He sat on his couch and started reading a book. Suddenly he heard a sound. It was like as someone was scratching the walls. He jumped and saw towards the sound. There was no one. He looked around for a bit and after that relaxed again. The sound came back. The scratching grew. It felt as if someone was scratching the walls. The sound grew, and it felt as if it was coming towards Abhay. He got up and quickly turned around to find no one. It seems I am too tired and imagining things. With it, he got up and went to sleep. The plasters of the wall started coming out as blood dripped across the walls of the living hall. One side of the wall near the entrance to the kitchen had scratch marks all over. It seemed as if someone has pulled off the plaster of the walls with big nails. The entire room looked worn-out, covered in blood and soot all over, with broken furniture all over.