Chapter 3: Freedom

BreezieSongs, was fully concious, but kept her eyes shut, relishing the warmth she had missed during her kidnapping. Chernobog was glued to the corner of her mind, every hoof step, every echo in the canterlot halls reminded herself of the hideous beast, she always assumed the worse, that it was following her, but still after weeks had passed, there had been no sign of it. The fur on BreezieSongs coat fluffed out everytime she thought of Chernobog. She shivers, pulling hard at the covers over her in attempt to keep warm. But it fails.

The door opens, BreezieSongs instantly sits up, though she knew she was in no danger, ever since she returned it had become a reflex. She opens her eyes, ignoring the fact that they were forcing themselves to close again, aswell as the sleep dust scratching at the edge of her eyes. Squinting , she makes out the figure of Maroon Moon, and floating next to him surrounded by the sparkling emerald green aura that came from his horn, was a tray with a plate of pancakes and strawberries, and next to that was a cup of golden orange apple juice. Her mouth waters as Maroon Moon places the tray on the bed.

"What is this?" BreezieSongs asks, dazzled by the food sitting in front of her.

"Well after being the only pony who has ever been kind to me, other then the princesses... I thought I should repay your kindness, this was the best I could think of" He replies, his face flushing red.

BreezieSongs lets out a small chuckle "come eat with me, I should not be given the honour to eat all this myself!" Maroon Moon looks up, smiling slightly "I'd like that, thank you"

"No, thank you. I will never forget what you've done for me, not in a million years."

BreezieSongs took a bite from the pancake, it tasted so light it might as well have been a cloud. She held the tasty cloud on the tip of her tongue, feeling the warmth after forgetting how good food could be. She swallowed, and looks towards MaroonMoon, who was cutting the pancakes in half. She smiled, watching Maroon, she had never felt this way about anypony before, she'd usually pretend to be their friend to make herself feel good, but having a real friend, it made her feel better. Chuckling, she took another bite from her meal, noticing MaroonMoon watching her with a soft grin upon his face followed by kind and gentle eyes, she hoped this moment could never end.